• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dual Citizenship / NS Obligations / HDB Flats and Migration

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, you actually do that? I don't know much about these things. People who experience them know the most, and can even clearly describe.

Is it true you Saudi Arabians are all bearded jihadis looking to bomb my country? Do you really think you will enter heaven after blowing yourself up?

Why do you people smell so bad? Why are you camel jockeys?

Why do you beat your wife?

Why do you look like a bunch of sand niggers?

Whooooooooo Heeeeee

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

livingstone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it true you Saudi Arabians are all bearded jihadis looking to bomb my country? Do you really think you will enter heaven after blowing yourself up?

Why do you people smell so bad? Why are you camel jockeys?

Why do you beat your wife?

Why do you look like a bunch of sand niggers?

Whooooooooo Heeeeee

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

I think you shouldn't stop others who want to discuss the real issues here, with your nonsense. People are really posting real issues here to discuss about the obligations of Singaporeans.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you shouldn't stop others who want to discuss the real issues here, with your nonsense. People are really posting real issues here to discuss about the obligations of Singaporeans.

When it comes to you dirty little saudi wife beaters I make it my business you dumb fuck

And take your fucking guns back to your sand castle you camel jockey

Hee Hee Hee

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dual Citizenship

With many countries moving towards retaining talent, previous restrictions on holding more than one citizenship by a number of governments around the world has been set aside.

Australia which prior to April 2002, had it in law where Dual Citizenship was explicitly prohibited now allows it and they have gone one step further by allowing ex-citizens to re-apply their citizenship which they previously renounced.

There is no law in Singapore that prohibits dual citizenship. The law however provides the govt to take it take it away from you for reasons best known to them. No one has been prosecuted for having dual citizenship. Since there is no law prohibiting it, there is no law allowing for punishment.

If you have acquired a new citizenship from a new country and don't need to take out your CPF, you may consider holding on to it. Your options are certainly better.

If you have any doubts visit ICA personally bringing your new country's documents with you. I know that ICA will not give you an answer over the phone without citing documents. There may be instance where you have a criminal record etc, Singapore might take the opportunity to get rid of you. Tan Wah Piow case comes to mind. As Tan Wah Piow did not acquire British citizenship and held on to his Singapore citizenship, Jayakumar and company enacted new legislation. I understand that this legislation has been removed.

Do we mindful not to make false declarations.

As always keep up with the times.

I understand that USA -for all its liberties and human rights and democracy- does not allow dual citizenship. The govt will ask you to give up one or the other. So Singaporeans who wish to take up US citizenship have to note.

londoncabby

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand that USA -for all its liberties and human rights and democracy- does not allow dual citizenship. The govt will ask you to give up one or the other. So Singaporeans who wish to take up US citizenship have to note.

This is incorrect. The US does in fact recognize dual nationality. They (USA) WILL NOT ask you to give up citizenship, Singapore will.

Please get your facts in order.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

With the vast knowledge bank that the internet provides in this day and age, it pays to do a quick search to make sure your "understanding" of any issue is correct before hitting your keyboard.... :wink:

http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/dual_citizenship.html

livingstone

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the vast knowledge bank that the internet provides in this day and age, it pays to do a quick search to make sure your "understanding" of any issue is correct before hitting your keyboard.... :wink:

http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/dual_citizenship.html

Even for Singapore, as long as you don't report, they cannot never trace your other citizenship. It's only when you apply for Singapore citizenship, they require you to denounce your any other citizenships.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is incorrect. The US does in fact recognize dual nationality. They (USA) WILL NOT ask you to give up citizenship, Singapore will.

Please get your facts in order.

correct. the u.s. does recognize and allow dual citizenship, but she does not encourage it. over here, nobody goes to jail or is required by law to give up another citizenship.

there are many morons here who don't check up on facts but just shoot from their proverbial hips.

for example, singapore actually allow dual citizenship... but on a condition. the condition is that the male citizen must be below 21 years of age. it's only at age 21 that the male citizen is given the opportunity to denounce sg citizenship. otherwise, he can carry as many citizenship as other states allow him.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
US allows its citizens to hold any other citizenship. There are people holding more than 2. The current Prime Minister of Isreal is also a US citizen.

livingstone

Alfrescian
Loyal
correct. the u.s. does recognize and allow dual citizenship, but she does not encourage it. over here, nobody goes to jail or is required by law to give up another citizenship.

there are many morons here who don't check up on facts but just shoot from their proverbial hips.

for example, singapore actually allow dual citizenship... but on a condition. the condition is that the male citizen must be below 21 years of age. it's only at age 21 that the male citizen is given the opportunity to denounce sg citizenship. otherwise, he can carry as many citizenship as other states allow him.

If you don't report that you have other citizenships, and serve your national service, while maintaining a foreign passport, they will never know.....

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best rule of thumb for Singapore at this stage would be:

if you have no NS obligation or have completed your NS obligations, not serving in the Government service, dual citizenship is not long an issue.

There is also no Singapore law that forbids holding dual or multiple citizenship. The law allows the government to act if it so desires but does not require it to act. Therefore there is no law that provides punishment for holding dual citizenship. All they can do is revoke your singapore citizenship.

Ever heard of anyone over the last 50 years of this government being charged in court for holding dual citizenship.

Interestingly Australia until April 2004, had a specfic law that forbid dual citizenship but that has been repealed.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually if you hold 2 passports ( 1 Singapore and 1 foreign) and ask immigration at Changi, which to use, they will advise you to use the Singapore passport for entry and exit. This is also worldwide convention for countries that do not forbid dual citizenship. The reason is for census purposes.

If you don't report that you have other citizenships, and serve your national service, while maintaining a foreign passport, they will never know.....

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bad news for you Saudi Jihadi wife beater, i have sent an anonymous email to the Dept of Homeland Security saying as a concerned citizen I want them to investigate you and your upbringing in Saudi Arabia, as your threats against my country and her citizens might help them nab people like you and have you incarcerated for the rest of your life. I think the FBI might be interested in your cult like obsessions and various bomb making posts on UTube.

We really dont want anyone like you here.

Think I am kidding?

Try me fucker

livingstone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually if you hold 2 passports ( 1 Singapore and 1 foreign) and ask immigration at Changi, which to use, they will advise you to use the Singapore passport for entry and exit. This is also worldwide convention for countries that do not forbid dual citizenship. The reason is for census purposes.

Yeah, you're right. I exit the US with my US passport, and then enter Singapore with my Singapore passport.... But you still have to remember to apply for exit permit every 3 years, and maintain a valid passport that expires every 10 years. I think I don't have to apply for exit permit after 45 years old (which will be pretty soon). It's easier for my US passport, I can let it run out anytime, and go back to apply for it. Any post office in the US does passport application. Now the challenge is whether my son wants to return to Singapore to serve National Service..... if not, he'll lose his Singapore citizenship. It's always good to have two citizenships. I know some people have 3-4 citizenships! My Argentinian friend has US, Argentine, Canada, and Uruguay passports. Don't know how he gets all....

livingstone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bad news for you Saudi Jihadi wife beater, i have sent an anonymous email to the Dept of Homeland Security saying as a concerned citizen I want them to i....

Thanks. They are always welcome..... In fact, maybe my friend from the Homeland Security can pay me more visits, and we can have backyard BBQ more frequently, talking about this motherfucker who have no life, other than posting on this forum. Oh, I forgot, you don't even know who's your dad... I'm sorry.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, you're right. I exit the US with my US passport, and then enter Singapore with my Singapore passport.... But you still have to remember to apply for exit permit every 3 years, and maintain a valid passport that expires every 10 years. I think I don't have to apply for exit permit after 45 years old (which will be pretty soon). It's easier for my US passport, I can let it run out anytime, and go back to apply for it. Any post office in the US does passport application. Now the challenge is whether my son wants to return to Singapore to serve National Service..... if not, he'll lose his Singapore citizenship. It's always good to have two citizenships. I know some people have 3-4 citizenships! My Argentinian friend has US, Argentine, Canada, and Uruguay passports. Don't know how he gets all....

Sodomy is illegal in this country. If you want to molest your kids, go back to your cave in Saudi Arabia. We dont want you here.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speak Russian if you dare .. I speak Romanian, Polish and German too. You think you're smart? Spanish is nothing. Monkeys say, Monkeys do.

That was a Spanish guy here who logs on everyday to laugh at you. We have many, many many people here laughing at you, stupid Saudi Arabian Bearded Wife Beating Cave dweller.

Hee Hee Hee

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: