• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Home Hunting

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday evening, after work, we went for a quick dinner bite at Ikea Alexandra, thereafter, met his property agent, proceeded to Tanglin Park for a home viewing.

The unit we saw was a 2 bedroom, slightly above a thousand sq feet. We were told that the last few transacted price was around $1900/sq feet and the owner was looking at an offer in the range of around $2m.

This condo apartment is situated in a quiet neighbourhood. The main entrance is way inside Ridley Park Road. Before reaching the condo's entrance, we passed a huge repugnant looking bungalow with a couple of high end cars. Well, suum cuique, that’s all I can say.

Cut the long story short, we are home hunting and doing some planning for our future. He said he will finance the new place without having me to worry. He added the $2m asking price is well within his budget, after selling his current place, even without taking any financing. I said I'll leave the calculations to him, given that he is financially savvier than me, with such dollar and cents issues.

After the viewing, we were chatting in his car on the way to my place. I asked why the need to move out of his current place and buy a new one. He said he was concerned about my constant "grumbling" and "dislike" about his current place and did not want his past relationships with his “ex-flames” to adversely "haunt" our relationship.

I insisted that I really didn't mind, and certainly not a 小气鬼. He reiterated that we should have a “fresh start”. Ok, I'll let him "win" (I thought at that spur of the moment), given that it's still a win-win scenario for me. At least, I can start throwing away those appalling gadgets, kitchen utensils, useless bright red lounge pillows, cheapo cutlery, uncomfortable furniture, etc etc that were bought by his “ex-flames”. I must say they really had dreadful Ah Lian's taste, especially those incandescent crass looking items that have been amassing at his current place.

Reached home, goodbye kiss to him, took a shower, and I was chatting with Sue on Whatsapp on my comfy bed. I told her the above and the question Sue instantaneously asked was: “Are you going to be a joint owner on the strata title deed?”

“Err… I really don't know. I had presumed so, that's why we are home hunting together as a couple, isn't it?” I replied Sue extemporaneously.

This question did bug me the whole of last night and even on the train this morning, and more than a few questions kept appearing in my thought bubbles.

Well, I didn't recall him saying that the new place will be in our joint names, but his "conduct" did give the impression that it will be our joint matrimonial home. Why the heck he talked about me getting upset over those “ex-flames” horrendous junk in his place? Am I too presumptuous? Did I "jump the gun", agreeing to view an apartment with him too soon? Why the heck he asked me to view if he is going to buy in his sole name?!?

I am now caught in sort of a dilemma. If I ask him later about joint ownership, it does make me look like some covetous China woman after his assets and keeping close tab on him. If I don't, I would probably be flexed out, if things doesn't work out between us in future. What a bloody mess! It's affecting my mood a little and those period "pangs" in my tummy aren’t helping either. I guess I only have to wait and see what's next in this home hunting episode.

Men. Any idea what is cooking in his grey matter? I am hoping to tap into some of your clairvoyance to understand what this swine is up to. And, btw, is Tanglin Park a good place to stay? How is the area really like?

Thanks.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
A home is a place where there is warmth.
You guys becoming DINKs or planning for children?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
should be "house hunting" not "home hunting"

I find most Singaporeans tend to use the term "reach" and "reaching"
rather than arrive and arriving.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

By bringing the "girl" to see house together
StewPIG twit is creating evidence
Which'll surely be used against him on divorce
Just buy and sell as one wishes
Then no presumption of matrimonial property
Nothing in life is more true than
Hell knows no fury like a woman scorned
Just look at example of Sir Chris
She's saying without her his life has no meaning
Complete and utter nonsense

A financier's wife has been awarded £337 million in what could be Britain’s biggest ever divorce settlement – but her legal team have hinted that she may appeal for more.

Sir Chris Hohn has been told to hand over the sum following the collapse of his 15-year marriage to Jamie Cooper-Hohn.

The pair – who have homes in London, the US and West Indies – had fought over assets totalling more than £700 million at the High Court.

Sir Chris and his estranged wife, Jamie Cooper-Hohn, had fought over who should get what share of a fortune said to run into hundreds of millions of pounds

The settlement was revealed in a hearing yesterday – during which Mrs Cooper-Hohn’s lawyers asked the judge how long they have to request an appeal.

Sources close to Mrs Cooper-Hohn indicated that she wants to examine the precise percentage she has been awarded.

Sir Chris’s representatives told the court they were anxious to ‘move on with things [but the] wife is not’.

The long-running case had bordered on farce at times, with Sir Chris, 47, accusing Mrs Cooper-Hohn of seeking maintenance payments towards a dog that never existed.

Sir Chris, who was born in Addlestone, Surrey, met his American wife, 49, when the pair studied at Harvard Business School.

She told an earlier hearing that she initially spurned his advances, but the pair later bonded over the film Malcolm X.

They married in Washington DC in 1995 and had four children – triplets, now aged 12, and an older child of 15.

They split up in December 2012, with Mrs Cooper-Hohn divorcing Sir Chris in April 2013 – but the decree nisi has never been made absolute.

The court heard earlier this year that the couple lived ‘modest’ lives, with Sir Chris’s lifestyle described as more ‘Swatch’ watch than ‘jet-set’.

Mrs Cooper-Hohn said she should get half of the couple’s fortune because the wealth was created as a result of their ‘partnership’. Sir Chris said she should receive a quarter.

Mrs Cooper-Hohn claimed their joint assets were around £849 million – and added that her ex-husband was worth at least £872 million from personal assets and his hedge fund, for a combined total of £1.72billion.

However, Sir Chris, who was knighted in the Queen’s birthday honours this year, claimed he is worth a mere £67 million.

One of the country’s biggest philanthropists, Sir Chris has given more than £1 billion to charity through the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, which is linked to his hedge fund.

Mrs Cooper-Hohn told the court she had been the chairman of the venture, and was the inspiration behind her husband’s donations.

She said: ‘When Chris and I first met, I asked him what he wanted to do. He said “I don’t mind as long as I make a lot of money”.’

Sir Chris – a so-called ‘non-dom’ who is legally based outside of the UK – countered that he had wanted to help others from an early age.

He added: ‘I learned very early on that you can’t take money with you and that it doesn’t bring happiness. The basis for my claim [to retain 75 per cent of the disputed fortune] is that I have created all the wealth through expertise, effort and sweat and blood.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...igh-Court-judge-following-divorce-battle.html

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good evening sister. tanglin park is a good venue. there's a condo complex on ridley park offering 2- to 4-bedroom homes. slightly dated as they are built in 1989, but property is freehold. amenities and facilities are great. it's also a good time to buy.

image.jpg

if your swine is taking care of all payments and closing the deal, there's a high chance of him putting only his name on the deed. if he has done the same on his current home, he will most likely do the same here. you can find that out (on his history of property purchases) without raising the thorny issue of coming off as a prying prospector of having joint-names on the deed or a "covetous china woman." if that has been his modus operandi, it will point to convenience or ease of mobility for him - tried and true method of not getting unnecessarily embroiled in a messy divorce involving assets and liability. if he's totally transparent and open to you, it's a question best answered early.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She told an earlier hearing that she initially spurned his advances, but the pair later bonded over the film Malcolm X.

If your girlfriend doesn't appreciate you after sitting thru' this movie
You should really rethink your relationship ........... bwahahahahaha

[video=youtube;I3gR3Y-eIv0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3gR3Y-eIv0[/video]

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good evening sister. tanglin park is a good venue. there's a condo complex on ridley park offering 2- to 4-bedroom homes. slightly dated as they are built in 1989, but property is freehold. amenities and facilities are great. it's also a good time to buy.

View attachment 25854

if your swine is taking care of all payments and closing the deal, there's a high chance of him putting only his name on the deed. if he has done the same on his current home, he will most likely do the same here. you can find that out (on his history of property purchases) without raising the thorny issue of coming off as a prying prospector of having joint-names on the deed or a "covetous china woman." if that has been his modus operandi, it will point to convenience or ease of mobility for him - tried and true method of not getting unnecessarily embroiled in a messy divorce involving assets and liability. if he's totally transparent and open to you, it's a question best answered early.

good to be neighbour with PM Lee and family at rochalie.:biggrin: you can be sure there is tight security around that area. enjoy your stay.:biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...tanglin park is a good venue. there's a condo complex on ridley park offering 2- to 4-bedroom homes. slightly dated as they are built in 1989, but property is freehold.
if your swine is taking care of all payments and closing the deal, there's a high chance of him putting only his name on the deed. if he has done the same on his current home, he will most likely do the same here.
TS, location's good, along Tanglin main across atas neighbourhood ie Chatsworth, Jervois. Short cut to Dempsey (without going via Holland rd), and <1km to Orchard rd start :p Quite an embassy row, with nearby Brunei's, China and British High Comm.

Psst, there's a nice charming italian restaurant Spruce, in nearby Phoenix Park

http://www.spruce.com.sg/phoenix-park/#welcome

On thorny question of joint namesake, tend to agree history's likely to repeat itself. Despite consolation of throwing out the old and in with new. Or perhaps he may surprise you

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My opinion Is stay where also not important.
Most important whom you stay with

Agreed . My dream is to stay in a deserted island like tarzan with a naked woman. Recently just watched a movie on this. A woman brought up 2 babies in a deserted island. The babies grew up to teens and grown to love each other .the mum died of disease .before she died she taught the children about civilization. Years later civilise people visited their island and caused disruption to them. Luckily the couple chose to continue with their jungle life and gave birth to next generation .nice movie.

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed . My dream is to stay in a deserted island like tarzan with a naked woman. Recently just watched a movie on this. A woman brought up 2 babies in a deserted island. The babies grew up to teens and grown to love each other .the mum died of disease .before she died she taught the children about civilization. Years later civilise people visited their island and caused disruption to them. Luckily the couple chose to continue with their jungle life and gave birth to next generation .nice movie.

The most happiest moment is after discharge from hospital then stay at home.
Eat sleep. Eat sleep and walk around without any worry.

we have too much things to worry for our life. Eg work. Family. Children. Health etc

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 25854

Good to buy now with 2m?
1900 psf then freehold.
I also a bit 心痒痒

But I dump too much money into shares..dun have much cash

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good to buy now with 2m?
1900 psf then freehold.
I also a bit 心痒痒

But I dump too much money into shares..dun have much cash

tough to find freehold in a choice location. can wait for a crash, but there will be many buyers. never underestimate the small (elite) group of buyers who are cash rich, astute, waiting in the wings, and always keeping their powder dry for chance moments like this.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your man is very likely to buy the property under his name. And it makes sense if you think of property as an investment. This frees you so that you can buy another property under your name and not be affected by the ABSD for second property.