• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crane topples at Potong Pasir condominium construction site

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quote:
B-mrPWsUsAALTBc.jpg

SINGAPORE: A large crane toppled at a construction site along Tai Thong Crescent on Tuesday afternoon (Feb 24).

The accident happened at the work site of the upcoming Sant Ritz Condominium near Potong Pasir MRT station. Construction workers told Channel NewsAsia the crane went down at about 4.30pm and the boom of the crane hit the barricade of the site. It was seen lying across the road, when Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) arrived.

No one was in the crane at the time of the accident, workers said. SCDF said no one was injured.

toppled-crane-2-data.jpg

Two police cars were present when Channel NewsAsia visited the scene at about 6pm. Police said investigations are ongoing.

- CNA/xk

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am sure at this rate, the condo will collapse too.

Had they voted for the opposition, everybody will be alert....this is what you get an over fed MP...who is never around....ha ha ha REPENT POTONG PASIR RESIDENTS... ha ha ha ha :biggrin:

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
And where is the MP? (Un)fortunately, not under the crane.

Joke aside...I have written on PM LHL facebook telling him the danger of granting early TOP to their own GLC , Capital Mall for the project Bedok Mall.
They allowed the commercial podium to start business while construction of the residential apartment above is still in progress.

The danger is if one of the towering cranes above hoisting heavy loads collapse and bring the whole building crumbling down, we will have fatalities in the hundreds.

Besides the amount of dust arising from the construction activities will cause health problems to both shoppers and salespersons in the mall.

Also, the fire safety equipment are not yet installed and there is always the danger of fire from the combustible building materials.

However, collecting early rents and the pursuit of higher GDP numbers, they are prepared for the risk.

PMO did not reply to my post.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Joke aside...I have written on PM LHL facebook telling him the danger of granting early TOP to their own GLC , Capital Mall for the project Bedok Mall.
They allowed the commercial podium to start business while construction of the residential apartment above is still in progress.

The danger is if one of the towering cranes above hoisting heavy loads collapse and bring the whole building crumbling down, we will have fatalities in the hundreds.

Besides the amount of dust arising from the construction activities will cause health problems to both shoppers and salespersons in the mall.

Also, the fire safety equipment are not yet installed and there is always the danger of fire from the combustible building materials.

However, collecting early rents and the pursuit of higher GDP numbers, they are prepared for the risk.

Lee Hsien Loong doesn't care unless you're flattering him or praising his selfie. :wink:

vtran2684

Alfrescian
Loyal

PMO dont answer the messages of lesser mortal Sinkies

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
PMO dont answer the messages of lesser mortal Sinkies

Yes lesser mortal in sinkieland are dispensable.

Here if a hundred citizens are buried in the rubble, you still cannot sue him for criminal negligence.

In Singapore, only he can sue the lesser mortals.