• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need advice on getting a landed in JB

Thermofisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All. I am interested in Horizon Hill or Leisure Farm Landed. Anyone could share more detail with me? If interested, where and who can I approach for both LF and HH to enquiry about their properties availability? What is the risk level now since there are news of Malaysia taking back lands? Or I should just settle with condo or apartment in JB instead? Or I should just simply abolish the idea of moving into JB?:o:confused::(

UsernameX

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure u will get a lot of PM from agents soon......

if ur Sg be prepared to be buying RM1 mil houses soon. Look around property guru for pricing, and then offer 20% below that to start negotiating.
residential land wont be taken back as "malay land"

if buying directly from the developer, be prepared to pay even higher premium than resale... new launches always way more expensive

Thermofisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure u will get a lot of PM from agents soon......

if ur Sg be prepared to be buying RM1 mil houses soon. Look around property guru for pricing, and then offer 20% below that to start negotiating.
residential land wont be taken back as "malay land"

if buying directly from the developer, be prepared to pay even higher premium than resale... new launches always way more expensive

Thanks for info! For developer any office in SG or I need to get into JB and reach out to them directly?

UsernameX

Alfrescian
Loyal
email malaysia developer very slow. Call them, get them to email u the info.

also if u super kiasi, when buying ask them to add clauses like subject to land office check to verify non bumi land etc - with no penalty to you.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for info! For developer any office in SG or I need to get into JB and reach out to them directly?

If you are going to spend RM 1 m, surely you would want to do a short drive over to have a look? Google & get their contacts. Call them to arrange an appt. Simple. Not rocket science.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
U might wanna take it slow. 2015 is not a bad year for property hunting.
That area u looking at. Near 2nd link. Can seriously consider SUNWAY as well.
Their landed property might be available soon. Reputable Developer with superb Track records.

If u are buying for Home stay then not much issues.
For invest / leasing i think now is not a good time. Wait awhile.
If it's Freehold land / non Bumi lot from reputable Developer should be quite safe.

:cool:

Thermofisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks all helping a lost and confuse man. I am in late 30s, no kids so I am thinking to get one for "emergency" or "retirement" purpose. Am torn between landed and condo apartment. Thanks bro for the sunway....never heard of it until recent times. Any one can share more info on this SUNWAY landed? Price wise...I do not want to break the bank for one since I am struggling in singapore so as to speak my income in SG is pathetic that's why I am considering JB as an alternative.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks all helping a lost and confuse man. I am in late 30s, no kids so I am thinking to get one for "emergency" or "retirement" purpose. Am torn between landed and condo apartment. Thanks bro for the sunway....never heard of it until recent times. Any one can share more info on this SUNWAY landed? Price wise...I do not want to break the bank for one since I am struggling in singapore so as to speak my income in SG is pathetic that's why I am considering JB as an alternative.

Then I suggest you should go for condo that can still buy below RM one million. There are still a few around. Because landed would be above that already. Then your monthly instalment also manageable. Molek Regency is nice.

Thermofisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then I suggest you should go for condo that can still buy below RM one million. There are still a few around. Because landed would be above that already. Then your monthly instalment also manageable. Molek Regency is nice.

Frodo bro. So you think I shouldn't go for Horizon Hill or landed which hovers around 1mil to 1.5mil? I really want a landed...Ask you if my salary per month only around 4.5kSGD and has to manage my HDB flat loan around 1kSGD. Advisable or can I get HH landed or elsewhere?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frodo bro. So you think I shouldn't go for Horizon Hill or landed which hovers around 1mil to 1.5mil? I really want a landed...Ask you if my salary per month only around 4.5kSGD and has to manage my HDB flat loan around 1kSGD. Advisable or can I get HH landed or elsewhere?

For comparison i took a loan of RM585K and paying RM3200 monthly, or S$1300. If you buy landed your loan amount very likely will double my amount. Are you comfortable with that? You also have other expenses that need to factor in.

Thermofisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
For comparison i took a loan of RM585K and paying RM3200 monthly, or S$1300. If you buy landed your loan amount very likely will double my amount. Are you comfortable with that? You also have other expenses that need to factor in.

Bro. What is the loan package now? What is the interest rate? Runs on floating or fixed? Yah 2600sgd seems to be a stretch...I need to check with my wife if we can...where is your landed? HH? HH still can and worth to get?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro. What is the loan package now? What is the interest rate? Runs on floating or fixed? Yah 2600sgd seems to be a stretch...I need to check with my wife if we can...where is your landed? HH? HH still can and worth to get?

I did not buy into HH or Bukit Indah area. Our goal last year was to buy closer to the then RM500K minimum. So the HH BI area was way out of budget of the average wage earner like me. We did see a few over there though but they were over one million and was bare and vacant. We also looked at Kempas Heights. Finally we swung over to Masai and settled for a 3 storeyed landed terrace at 700k, which I think is hard to find now. If you and wife combined income can buy HH and you like it there, go for it. But one consideration is that you may buy a house facing another house. My house not as atas but I have a unblocked (for now and hopefully for long) golf course view. End of the day buy what you both like, are comfortable with, and can afford so you won't go wrong.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

I thought a condo at Mount Sinai is much more comfortable? :biggrin:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not buy into HH or Bukit Indah area. Our goal last year was to buy closer to the then RM500K minimum. So the HH BI area was way out of budget of the average wage earner like me. We did see a few over there though but they were over one million and was bare and vacant. We also looked at Kempas Heights. Finally we swung over to Masai and settled for a 3 storeyed landed terrace at 700k, which I think is hard to find now. If you and wife combined income can buy HH and you like it there, go for it. But one consideration is that you may buy a house facing another house. My house not as atas but I have a unblocked (for now and hopefully for long) golf course view. End of the day buy what you both like, are comfortable with, and can afford so you won't go wrong.

Tot 610K.:p

Btw, paying 1m loan(mthly)is alot for a layman like me.:o no joke

Last edited:

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal

if you are insist on landed and budget around RM1 mil, I suggest this project Sutera 18 @ Selesa Jaya Semi -D

https://www.facebook.com/aceempirem...7544418420847/336230689885552/?type=1&theater

It comes with RM230k of freebies (aircon, auto gate, kitchen cabinet ... etc

BTW, I am not a agent.

All the best.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try to view the actual finished unit if possible and not the show unit. The quality of the finish can vary a lot.
Also, take some time to study the neighbourhood and drive around to see if you like it. No hurry. Find one you really like and don't buy just because it is cheap.