• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF veteran Col John Morrice Dies.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tiger Hong was commissioned as a LTA, not CPT. In SAFTI, he was S4 OCS in 1979. I know because he was often the DOO when I was on guard duty at SAFTI.

Yes you are right....he was commissioned circa 76-77.
Back then OCS S4 was called LGO.
Another famous name there during that time was PC Tommie Goh.....then also Lta rank.
Din remember Morries probably before my time.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Winston Choo is PAP chief dog! He's a fucking cheapskate womanizer and always looking for free drinks and that's is why he's running around with another PAP dog and con-artist Denis Foo.

Fuck Winston Choo and fuck con-artist Denis Foo deep deep!

Yes you are right.
Winston Choo was a regular chiongster at the then Malaysia hotel....
Every night drunk and fucking different women.
Lky's blue eyed boy then only a major....packed off to US to study military history and returned few years later and fast tracked to key positions.
He and Denis foo are both running dogs for Peter lim as well.
I knew his son Warren Choo.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
oh u mean there was a time when PAP didnt control everything including SAF?and why they respect john morrice?just because hes ang moh?i mean saf may be manned by paper generals but they are all sinkies.....are u imply sinkies suck at soldiering?

PAP did not control the SAF until the late 70s and 80s. At that time, SAF was manned by professional soldiers, u hardly find any scholars in there. In fact, if you were a grad of Harvard or MIT, you would not choose the SAF as a career. These buggers were tough as evidenced by the groups like the Original camels send to Israel for armour training. I know some of them and they told me stories of their training there. It was really horrendous, and I doubt if any scholar generals would have survived those types of training. Therefore, much as some people don't like John Morrice, he commands more respect than any SAF scholars. and he is not ang moh, he is an indian with an angmo name.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yes you are right.
Lky's blue eyed boy then only a major....packed off to US to study military history and returned few years later and fast tracked to key positions.

His daughter is also a slut. Got very bad reputation in RGS. Heard many sex parties organized by the daughter on Winston boat and also at his house.
But I neber got invited, rats.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yes you are right.

many stories of Winslut. The SAF Music and Drama Company (MDC) was like his personal harem. Got all the chio syt in the dance troupe and the male dancers and singers were all bapok anyway. He was hitting on all of them and trying to fuck as many as he could. I used to date one girl in the MDC, and she used to say he would attend the rehearsals and try to pick them up. Also, he picks the best looking syt female cadets who graduate from OCS and they are assigned to his office as his personal assistants. There were 6 of them when I was in the SAF. I tried to be friendly with one of them before, and was warned by my CO not to touch Winslut's girls. hehehe. He was so fat I don't know when was the last time he saw his lancheow.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
i mount guard at 40 kiat hong camp, saw a old 1WO fark a bunch of 2LTs who bak lor lor at main gate after they had their dinner at the coffeeshop across the main gate. Took down the 2LTs particulars and told them in the face he will make them serve extras. guard com told us the 1WO an appt holder in brigade while the 2LTs are 40 PC who waiting for the next batch of mono intake. the WO at the main gate was to check on us as we were "T-Loan" from gedong as 40 pengkia just ORDed.

Very unusual in my opinion. I know 40 SAR very well, both the Keat Hong Camp 1 and 4 SAB at Camp 2. what are u doing mounting guard there? I thought u 46 SAR. 41 SAR closer, should have drawn sentry duty from there.

I say its unusual because 40 SAR has a very close relationship between the officers and ncos. In fact, NCOs can freely come into the Officers mess and vice versa. Unlike other units where there is a more of a formal relationship. The reason for this is the tank units are so small, usually 12 tank crewmen only (3 tank crews plus one spare) and than a mech and POL, about 15 per platoon. Because of this, everyone has to work closely together and there is not the adversarial relationship between the 2 groups. For the WO1 to fuck a bunch of 2LTs, that's unusual, I have never seen it. I have had WO1 and WO2 and even SSGT come into my office and talk to me about some violations or other done by an officer. Their word is like bible, and the offending officer will be called in to have a word with me. After that he will apologize and never do it again. that is how its done in 40. This WO1 should have quietly gone to the CO or S3 the next day and inform them he saw some 2LTs play punk out side the gates. They would be reprimanded for sure, but not by him. because technically, they are all outranking the WO1. When I was a young punk 2LT, I liked to speed along Chua Chu Kang road in the Land Rover or any vehicle assigned to me, usually at least going 80kph. One day, my company CSM (SSGT) had a quiet talk with me, told me some other staff saw me speeding. And don't do it again. I never did after that. hehehe. u don't fuck with these guys. But he inform me in a private setting and even tone of voice, not fucking me, and taking my name like this WO1.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP did not control the SAF until the late 70s and 80s. At that time, SAF was manned by professional soldiers, u hardly find any scholars in there. In fact, if you were a grad of Harvard or MIT, you would not choose the SAF as a career. These buggers were tough as evidenced by the groups like the Original camels send to Israel for armour training. I know some of them and they told me stories of their training there. It was really horrendous, and I doubt if any scholar generals would have survived those types of training. Therefore, much as some people don't like John Morrice, he commands more respect than any SAF scholars. and he is not ang moh, he is an indian with an angmo name.

Back then one would rather die then join the army.
It was the career choice for desperados with no roads.
Heard many were delinquents given a 2nd chance in the army.
Old adage 好男不当兵 好铁不打钉
Likewise for SPF where many are actually ex SS members.
Parents would never want their sons in uniform.
So vile pappies had to spend time to overhaul this image and mindset.
Starting with SAF scholarships and lky son as first receipent.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His daughter is also a slut. Got very bad reputation in RGS. Heard many sex parties organized by the daughter on Winston boat and also at his house.
But I neber got invited, rats.

Now already married with kids.
Using daddy's connections been employed in fellow cronies' companies such as UOB and Frasers.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah lor, what to do? That is the PAP way. She put on weight too, now looking a little plum, like Winston.
Ah!! The good life! Now probably looking respectable goody looking and nothing like the past. They all turn out that way. On the flip, the goody nerdy types when young r now hellraisers havok Lau Ah Peks when old! It's nature at work.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very unusual in my opinion. I know 40 SAR very well, both the Keat Hong Camp 1 and 4 SAB at Camp 2. what are u doing mounting guard there? I thought u 46 SAR. 41 SAR closer, should have drawn sentry duty from there.

I say its unusual because 40 SAR has a very close relationship between the officers and ncos. In fact, NCOs can freely come into the Officers mess and vice versa. Unlike other units where there is a more of a formal relationship. The reason for this is the tank units are so small, usually 12 tank crewmen only (3 tank crews plus one spare) and than a mech and POL, about 15 per platoon.

why 46 draw sentry and prowler guard duty, I dunno but I assume because 40 and 46 are "sister" battalions in the same brigade.

I did guard there in, I think, 97. that time 40 a AI battalion using the old school M113. 40 is the pet battalion, always full strength and have spare crews or VC in their rolls. even their camp also in "civilisation" wheras we in the middle of nowhere. go nite off also sian as walk from company line to bus stop take 15min.:mad:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
why 46 draw sentry and prowler guard duty, I dunno but I assume because 40 and 46 are "sister" battalions in the same brigade.

I did guard there in, I think, 97. that time 40 a AI battalion using the old school M113. 40 is the pet battalion, always full strength and have spare crews or VC in their rolls. even their camp also in "civilisation" wheras we in the middle of nowhere. go nite off also sian as walk from company line to bus stop take 15min.:mad:

Yeah, and must walk the 15 min in a cloud of red dust whenever vehicle drive by. Yeah, 40 SAR at the old Keat Hong camp was quite convenient, one short bus ride to Bukit Timah Shopping centre. Alot of personnel book out there every evening and makan there and buy canned goods back before the next exercise. By '97, 40 is AI, but my time it was still pure tank.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was SAFTI commandant when I was in OCS. His name sounds like an ang mo one but he looked like an Indian to me.

There was an incident that always puzzled me: A cadet couldn't take the training and attempted suicide, which is a court-martial offense I believed. But the rich man father of the cadet came to see JM, and the cadet was just quietly dropped from the OCS course.

Our OCS training was 10 and a half month. Much of the time were wasted polishing the boots and ironing the uniform, and most of the officers training us were either NSF like us who were just one year our senior, who hadn't really been properly trained or mature enough to train us.

In fact, I have more respect for my platoon sgt and company sgt, who are old bird professional soldiers who knew how to carry themselves like a man.

Before commissioned as a 2LT, we had a former dinner in the camp with all wearing number 2 and given a cigar to smoke after dinner. We also had a 10-course dinner at the Istana where we could bring our parent to attend.

And then, a D&D in a hotel where we have to bring our partner. Some resorted to bringing their sister as they couldn't get any girl to join them.

formal

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these SAF assholes,,old guard and new can go take a long walk off a short pier,,,when NS was instituted by the PAPPIES,,its was and still is nothing but a free ticket for abuse by the so called officers and NCOs and cheap labour for the pappies and iron rice bowls for many scholars,,if you are part of the system you are part of the problem,.,,during my NS time,,I hear so much shit about loyalty and defending the cuntry but the so called 'preachers' have never practice what they preach,,,so they can go get dog fucked and good riddance to bad shit

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
many stories of Winslut. The SAF Music and Drama Company (MDC) was like his personal harem. Got all the chio syt in the dance troupe and the male dancers and singers were all bapok anyway. He was hitting on all of them and trying to fuck as many as he could. I used to date one girl in the MDC, and she used to say he would attend the rehearsals and try to pick them up. Also, he picks the best looking syt female cadets who graduate from OCS and they are assigned to his office as his personal assistants. There were 6 of them when I was in the SAF. I tried to be friendly with one of them before, and was warned by my CO not to touch Winslut's girls. hehehe. He was so fat I don't know when was the last time he saw his lancheow.

all these stories of winston true or not? only 3rd party stories but none from those involved especially the ladies.
some more the syt from mdc and female cadets so easy meh? this was the 70s, fashion may be hippie but most girls still value the v and not losing it to jabba the hutt of all people.
maybe he's a flirt but still a flop and had to resort to paid sex, or only get on with those married olive oil type officers.

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was in SAFTI when he was commandant. He was usually stone drunk in the officers' mess by 8 pm.

SAFTI functioned efficiently during his reign because of the ruthlessness of his deputy LTC Edward Chan.

all an neh gets drunk in office incl Jayakumar whose fav drink is whiskey