• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

National servicemen killed in line of duty over the years

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many more undisclosed NS deaths: soil disease, range accident, run over by vehicle, electrocution, heat exhaustion, shot by native farmer in overseas training, broomstick shoved into anus. Some cases are classified i.e. not a word from the Mindef Public Affairs Department to the mainstream news media.

And suicide. My school mate commited suicide during NS. Im sure there a many suicide cases unreported.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some patriotic gong kias will still report for war duty... turn up super punctual at the mobilisation and equipping centres. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, the pappies all run road already via unlisted private jets. :wink:

maybe they reported duty..draw out their rifle, send to coast line to defend.they disappear upon reaching there as the coastline is too long,no body will notice.
end up they run back home with their rifle to protect their own family

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i know a lot of siao chee byes from sph like to see this kind of story, got picture lagi shiok for them.:eek:

There was one case a SAF Scholar OCT was knocked overboard from a ship due poor steering and navigation. His body was immediately crushed against the side of the ship and pier without anyone noticing.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Don't forget the 2007 incident in Taiwan where a Taiwanese air force F-5F crashed into the SIngapore armour camp base at Hukou in Hsinchu. Killed 2 sinkies on the ground, injured 9, 2 of them severely. The 2 Taiwanese pilots died too. They deliberately steered their jet into the singapore portion of the camp to save their fellow taiwanese soldiers.

I think if you add up all the deaths in SAF since the start of NS and the regular army, including those from suicides, it would be safe to say they numbered in the thousands. The big travesty is that while the PAP elite can siam any danger (aka Patrick Tan), the peasants have to die without any recognition or monument to their ultimate sacrifice. Fucking PAP.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the US supposed to do, you idiot? They sold the SAF most of the equipment and trained them. If they don't lie and praise them, and criticize them instead, than its the same as saying the training and equipment sold to the SAF is crap.

idiot back to you.

wusangui

Alfrescian
Loyal
They deliberately steered their jet into the singapore portion of the camp to save their fellow taiwanese soldiers.

Are you sure?

wusangui

Alfrescian
Loyal
thank god singapore has never gone into war or never will.....i suspect 5% of the armed forces will collapse or die or kill themselves before even sighting the enemy.

what 5% ? the whole thing will collapse 100%. singapore soldiers is u chiong 1st, u chiong then i chiong.when i went back for reservist armour camp, on the last day out process, they ask all the reservists to do a Anonymous survey, asking shit like do u have confident when war break out? do u have confident in logistic? do u have confident in your company's co?lol . i overheard one guy next to me doing survey, he say something like' of coz fill in all good lah, wanna do or not is difference thing'.

so i ask u are u willing to fight along side with this person?

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
They deliberately steered their jet into the singapore portion of the camp to save their fellow taiwanese soldiers.

Are you sure?

Use your brain. The 2 taiwanese pilots have ejection seats in their planes, they could have ejected at any time. They did not have to follow the plane all the way down. They did so because they were over a populated area, and were trying to steer their plane into an area with as little people as possible. Or in this case, an area that is populated by other people, non Taiwanese. Pilots have sacrificed themselves in this manner to save the civilian population. I know the Hukou camp quite well. The singapore detachment occupies only a smalll portion of the camp. The camp is the entire training and HQ for the Taiwanese armour forces. Its is huge, and looks like a small city, with grandstand, large buildings, etc. The builiding housing the singapore detachment is in a area, with only one main building, and its next to the main road. The whole camp is walled off. If the plane had missed the singapore building by 50m it would have crashed into the civilian row of shops outside or into another building owned by the ROC army. The fact that there are no other casualties (eg ROC soldiers or civilians) indicates to me they steered it into the singapore side deliberately to save their own people. This is a noble act. If a RSAF F-5 were to crash in the same way, the pilots should steer it into a worker's dorm or the Istana.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
And suicide. My school mate commited suicide during NS. Im sure there a many suicide cases unreported.

You can't blame the SAF if people are idiotic enough to kill themselves. It happens everywhere. The Nordic states have very high suicide rates.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You can't blame the SAF if people are idiotic enough to kill themselves. It happens everywhere. The Nordic states have very high suicide rates.

Every country has its good and bad side so it's useless to simply cherry pick one country and say it is worse than SG in terms of a particular area.

What matters here is that some people get a good luck charm for an easy life due to being born into the correct family whilst others are killed whilst serving the nation, sometimes under dumb circumstances.

Why do you think the serviceman who did the research and made the first blog post went to DB? Major embarrassment and politically damaging. The ah pek who lost his son is not going to compare his situation with his Nordic friend.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
What matters here is that some people get a good luck charm for an easy life due to being born into the correct family whilst others are killed whilst serving the nation, sometimes under dumb circumstances.

The idea that the well connected are not subjected to risks is fallacy. Take Patrick Tan for example. While the lesser mortals were enjoying the usual boring low risk military training that we have all been through, Dr Tan was risking his life doing research into lethal soil borne diseases.

He could easily have died had things gone wrong. In the meantime, ordinary soldiers were not placed under the same sort of extreme risks.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The idea that the well connected are not subjected to risks is fallacy. Take Patrick Tan for example. While the lesser mortals were enjoying the usual boring low risk military training that we have all been through, Dr Tan was risking his life doing research into lethal soil borne diseases.

He could easily have died had things gone wrong. In the meantime, ordinary soldiers were not placed under the same sort of extreme risks.

you've been watching the movie Outbreak too many times.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114069/combined

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
you've been watching the movie Outbreak too many times.

I have never seen that movie. However, I am extremely appreciative of the sacrifices that people like Dr Patrick Tan have made in order to keep the rest of us safe.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

You make it sound like he was studying Ebola.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Use your brain. The 2 taiwanese pilots have ejection seats in their planes, they could have ejected at any time. They did not have to follow the plane all the way down. They did so because they were over a populated area, and were trying to steer their plane into an area with as little people as possible. Or in this case, an area that is populated by other people, non Taiwanese. Pilots have sacrificed themselves in this manner to save the civilian population. I know the Hukou camp quite well. The singapore detachment occupies only a smalll portion of the camp. The camp is the entire training and HQ for the Taiwanese armour forces. Its is huge, and looks like a small city, with grandstand, large buildings, etc. The builiding housing the singapore detachment is in a area, with only one main building, and its next to the main road. The whole camp is walled off. If the plane had missed the singapore building by 50m it would have crashed into the civilian row of shops outside or into another building owned by the ROC army. The fact that there are no other casualties (eg ROC soldiers or civilians) indicates to me they steered it into the singapore side deliberately to save their own people. This is a noble act. If a RSAF F-5 were to crash in the same way, the pilots should steer it into a worker's dorm or the Istana.
hahaha....papasmearer, if your words can be believed, then shits can be eaten...
since you claimed to have reliable source, now cut the crap and tell us (the whole world) who is LKY's mistress and illegitimate son in Taiwan...

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i doubt that.....u honestly think the white horse company of whiter than white politics are allowed to even be exposed to the slightest mortal danger?hundreds of sinkie grunts and test subjects would have died before any contaminated soil is given to the prince of KFC.

Last edited: