• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why you cannot bring your own food/drinks to watch PA's World Cup Matches

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A reader sent a photo to TRE yesterday (13 Jun) of a notice posted at a community club (CC) for residents who wanted to watch free live screenings of the 2014 FIFA World Cup matches.

According to a People Association’s (PA) press release last month [Link], from 13 June to 14 July, the PA’s CCs will screen the 2014 FIFA World Cup matches live at 30 CCs islandwide. All 64 matches will be screened at these locations.

PA said that such live screenings will help bring people who share the same love for football together, to interact and make new friends.

Mr Ang Hak Seng, BBM, Chief Executive Director of PA said, “Football matches are best enjoyed with our friends and neighbours.”

“We hope this will inspire new friendships within the community and a new passion for the sport,” he added.

However, when the reader read the CC’s notice, he became angry:

http://www.tremeritus.com/2014/06/14/pa-accused-of-profiteering-from-screening-world-cup/

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No alcohol when watching football games? No swearing? Then what's the fucking point? :rolleyes:

Do yourselves a favour Sinkies, stop cheapening yourselves and boycott the CCs: the hotbeds of PAP grassroots activities.

There are many other places to watch the games.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No alcohol when watching football games? No swearing? Then what's the fucking point? :rolleyes:

Do yourselves a favour Sinkies, stop cheapening yourselves and boycott the CCs: the hotbeds of PAP grassroots activities.

Like this also want to complain..what do you expect from such places of 'evil'??? nothing is for free, everything the do, comes with a fee & they cum collecting them....FREE I do not even want to want in such places....no world cup, never mind!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's win-win for the MIW. Let Singtel make good money. Then get PA to be the good guy by providing free viewing.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Must stand up or not if MP visits during the game?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Must stand up or not if MP visits during the game?

Stand up, take out your 'rifle' do a HORMAT & the salute!.....but no loading of 'bullets' or 'firing'...forgot about the 'bullets', most going there to watch, would have their 'two magazines' ( aka balls) removed...so no 'bullets'...ha ha ha ha

The rest of us, would be watching the matches, wherever they can find a spot...coffee shop, bars, pay for view etc...

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stand up, take out your 'rifle' do a HORMAT & the salute!.....but no loading of 'bullets' or 'firing'...forgot about the 'bullets', most going there to watch, would have their 'two magazines' ( aka balls) removed...so no 'bullets'...ha ha ha ha

The rest of us, would be watching the matches, wherever they can find a spot...coffee shop, bars, pay for view etc...

Quite a number of nightspots cater to their regular customers' request by staying open till 5 or 6 am. Can smoke and drink. Best!

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the first World Cup whereby I did not subscribe to watch.

Reason because I'm sick and tired of the exploitation by telcos, as many countries have free-to-air, including Malaysia and Indonesia and Japan, etc.

Second, I'm not used to the middle of the nights matches, as I'm getting older now....I need to have adequate sleep.

Finally, there're many other avenues to watch world cup besides from the TV and I can connect my laptop to my TV, if I want to watch off the TV.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am no stupid soccer fan but why does singtel have to pay so much for the licensing right for FIFA?its not like they have any other competition to do the bidding with.....im pretty damn sure fifa would have accepted any decent offer from them considering how most countries are paying peanuts per capital for the licensing right.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With the pap being public enemy number 1 after the CPF issue and ah loong vs Roy why didn't they at least make it free to screen wc on tv and allow more leeway for ppl to bring food and drinks. I guess screwing sinkies by sucking their money is just too important for them even at the cost of losing more votes and pissing off more sinkies

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
the mangoes may belong to ms chua mui hoong... you sure you dont mind even if she dont mind?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Please clarify for my understanding, all I read above was cannot bring food and drinks does it mean no makan and drinking while watching or does it mean you can still eat and drink but must buy from CC?