• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Corrupt Bo Xilai can be as frugal as LKY

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bo claims to wear 50-year-old underwear at trial

20130822_xilai2_reuters.jpg
Disgraced Chinese politician Bo Xilai speaks during a court hearing in Jinan, Shandong province August 22, 2013 in this still image taken from video.

Monday, Aug 26, 2013

JINAN - Fallen Chinese politician Bo Xilai attempted to counter accounts of his family's luxury lifestyle Monday by telling his corruption trial his underwear was five decades old.

Prosecutors at the hearings in Jinan have provided riveting details of private jet flights, French Riviera villas and rare animal meats enjoyed by Bo and his family, courtesy of wealthy businessmen.

But the former boss of the southwestern megacity of Chongqing - who always appeared well-dressed in his heyday - hit back, telling the court he was a simple man.

"I am personally not interested in clothing. The long johns I am wearing now were bought for me by my mother in the 1960s," Bo said.

"I'm telling you all that the jacket I'm wearing, and the suits in my wardrobe, were all produced by a township enterprise in Xinjin county in Dalian."

The comments appeared in regular but delayed transcripts of the proceedings posted by the Intermediate People's Court in Jinan on its verified account on Sina Weibo, a Chinese equivalent of Twitter.

Bo has claimed ignorance of the dealings of his wife Gu Kailai and son Bo Guagua as a string of allegations were made about his family's opulent lifestyle.

Long johns are commonly worn during China's harsh winters.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee Wei ling got to up her game. Washing own underwear is no longer enough as even a corrupted chinese official wears long johns that is half a century old.

Perhaps next Sunday we will read about her parents not wearing any underwear to save money.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lee Wei ling got to up her game. Washing own underwear is no longer enough as even a corrupted chinese official wears long johns that is half a century old.

Perhaps next Sunday we will read about her parents not wearing any underwear to save money.

Bo Xilai had outdone Lee Wei Ling's father. Yea, next Sunday, she must show Bo Xilai that her father is more frugal than him.:eek:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That means he never bought underwear for 50 years. Minister Yaccob must be informed.:biggrin:

Did he mentioned that the washes his own underwear for 50 years also...Yakult must be very proud, BO, must reading the internet too & copied his 50 year thing...

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

Better you write a draft of the article for her and post it here on Sammyboy so we can help you to make it a perfect piece of propaganda:

WongMengMeng, all of us already confessed that we are PAP IB.

At least PAP pays GD, Lock, me and many others PAP IB double for working on public holidays.

Based on my pap ib database, one of sammyboy nick is the current changi chalet warden. If WMM and his clones continue to waste our time, the warden will have special treatment for the tikko cheapo new inmate. ….

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All this nonsense about underwear and what not is just a show
Creates false impression of humility and affinity with ordinary folk
Princeling Bo conveniently omitted to say his hometown suits
Are in fact premium ones fit for Warren Buffet and Bill Gates

Old Fart will brag about being frugal with his underwear
While staying rent free at luxurious Istana meant for President
Entire jet plane fitted out as flying hospital for Gecko dear
Being economical with the truth is a skill that needs training

Now if you don’t mind, need to go check out those fancy suits
Dayang Trand’s the brand, minimum one thousand’s the price

Bo’s modesty over his ‘home town’ suits belies their appeal among rich

In the final day of his feisty defence against corruption and other charges, Bo Xilai told the court he had no interest in clothing, his long johns were 50 years old, and his suits were all made in Dalian, where he was mayor from 1993 to 2000.

"I can tell you, the jacket that I'm wearing and the suits in my wardrobe were produced by a township business in Xinjin county of Dalian. I have no interest in what I wear. The long johns that I'm wearing now were bought by my mother in the 1960s," he said.

The county mentioned by Bo is now called Pulandian, known as the mainland's "suits town" and home to 6,000 garment factories. The most well-known among them is Shanghai-listed Dayang Trands which makes 10 million suits a year, many of them exported.

Bo's tailoring choices may have been modest, but the suits from Dayang Trands are certainly not what everyday Chinese can afford. Their prices ranges from 5,000 yuan to 80,000 yuan (HK$6,300 to HK$100,600). Tailor-made ones can be even more expensive.

Dayang Trands has been patronised by China's state leaders and world billionaires alike. In a video released by the company in August 2009 to mark the 30th anniversary of its founding, investment guru Warren Buffett praised the brand, saying the suits he wore from them fit him perfectly and he had thrown away all his older suits.

In the video, Buffett said he and Bill Gates, who also wears Trands suits, should start a clothing store and sell the suits. Buffett now has nine Trands suits. In the days following the video's release, Trands stock reportedly climbed more than 200 per cent.

Li Guilian, 67, founded the business in 1979 with borrowed money and with 65 sewing machines worked by housewives. In 2001, she was ranked 84th on Forbes' list of China's 100 richest business people with her wealth estimated at US$70 million.

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/arti...town-suits-belies-their-appeal-among-rich-and

Last edited:

scoobydoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did he mentioned that the washes his own underwear for 50 years also...Yakult must be very proud, BO, must reading the internet too & copied his 50 year thing...

hmm, Muliti-Billionaire Li Cash-Shing said he wear $10 Casio watch leh, not Lolex.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hmm, Muliti-Billionaire Li Cash-Shing said he wear $10 Casio watch leh, not Lolex.

My lolex come from streets of Bangkok leh!..I must be frugally rich... ha ha ha Why rich men like to wear $10 Casio watch, there is one in this forum...& poor man, like me, want to wear a lolex??...ha ha ha ha

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Being frugal with one’s own money
Comes together with another trait
Being profligate with other people’s
Neither frugal nor wasteful is best
If you are mean to yourself
You’ll be meaner to others

Last edited: