• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Oh really? * rolleyes * but i can get "good deals" from trolling Facebook accounts

StarshipTroopers

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

More singles go online to check out potential dates

POSTED: 09 May 2013 11:27 PM

online-date.jpg

Seven in 10 surveyed in Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong track the digital footprints or 'e-stalk' their potential dates.

SINGAPORE: More singles are going online to get to know people who they are likely to date.

According to a survey by dating agency Lunch Actually, the homework for that first date is usually done online.

Seven in 10 surveyed in Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong track the digital footprints or 'e-stalk' their potential dates.

Among the 1,900 people polled, about 800 were from Singapore.

Results also showed that 48 per cent of the women surveyed would not date someone with a lower education level.

Most men, 78 per cent, are game to date women earning more.

Ms Violet Lim, CEO and Co-founder of Lunch Actually, said: "It's important for people to clean up their social presence, I think a lot of people have no idea what people might find if they Google up their names.

"The first thing I really encourage all singles to do is to Google yourself and see what comes up. You might not know that crazy drunken photo of you taken at your best friend hen's night or something is just floating online."

- CNA/de

Fellaini

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Oh really? * rolleyes * but i can get "good deals" from trolling Facebook account

Really? How come i can't get any? :confused::rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Oh really? * rolleyes * but i can get "good deals" from trolling Facebook account

Whenever some Singapore news related to dating or relationships appears, you can bet your last dime that somewhere, somehow, Lunch Actually is involved. :rolleyes:

You gotta give credit to Violet Lim... she's such an enterprising media whore! :cool:

630_VioletLim1.jpg

jw5

Loyal

:rolleyes: Facebook :rolleyes:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

in the not so distant past, folks used BBS to connect, emails, ICQ, MSN, IRC, AIM, Friendster, MySpace, Skype, Facebook... and now with the new vibrating underwear... it's taking online relationship to a brand new level :eek::eek::eek:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How this survey got onto the local news really mind-fucked me.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

How this survey got onto the local news really mind-fucked me.

a slow day, perhaps?
but the cynical side of me does suggest a sublimal attempt to get sinkies to date and screw the day light out of each other. being mindfucked is just a side effect. do you feel like you need to release a load now? find a mate, preferably giving the organisers of the dating website a cut of your salary, and the sequence is complete :eek::eek::eek:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's obvious this Voilet Lim is in cahots with Mediacockadoo. When the newscasters of Ch5, Ch8, CNA whatever reported the survey and put up Violet Onn's snippet on television, I knew they're trying to mind-fuck me.

BTW, Violet Lim is unfuckably ugly, in case anyone needs to know.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Whenever some Singapore news related to dating or relationships appears, you can bet your last dime that somewhere, somehow, Lunch Actually is involved. :rolleyes:

You gotta give credit to Violet Lim... she's such an enterprising media whore! :cool:

630_VioletLim1.jpg

If she had being an actual whore, I will worry for her income.

StarshipTroopers

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Are you an 'e-stalker'?

May 10, 2013 - 3:16pm

By: Bhavna Jagtiani

estalking.jpg

PHOTO: ST File Photo

Before you even go on a first date with someone, chances are they've already looked you up online.

According to a survey conducted by dating agency, Lunch Actually, more than 70 per cent of Singaporeans track the digital footprints of their potential dates - otherwise known as 'e-stalking'.

Facebook is most popular tool with 'e-stalkers', according to the survey, with 36 per cent of Singaporean women and 33 per cent of Singaporean men admitting to checking the Facebook profiles of potential dates.

Ms Violet Lim, CEO and co-founder of Lunch Actually, said that what many people don't realise is that as they 'e-stalk' someone, they are being 'e-stalked' as well.

She said this sometimes results in people having preconceptions about their dates before they have even met.

She added that 10 per cent of dates have been cancelled because a client has made judgments based on a photo, a Facebook status or a tweet they saw online.

Ms Lim said: "I think the most important thing people can do, in general, is to know the online profile they are presenting to others."

Mr Jitenram Kiran Bala has been both 'e-stalked' as well as been an 'e-stalker' and said that "it is very common these days as social media platforms make things very accessible."

The 22-year-old related a personal experience. A girl had sent him a message on Facebook just 15 minutes after they had spotted each other at Singapore General Hospital.

While being a part-time actor on Vasantham might have had something to do with the speed at which he was 'e-stalked', he said: "I wasn't creeped out because when we were talking, we actually clicked immediately. I think it depends on how the connection goes."

Creepy or not, it looks like 'e-stalking' is here to stay as more singles take their quests to find love online. 51 per cent of those surveyed said they have tried online dating.

Have you been 'e-stalked' or indulged in any 'e-stalking'? Let us know in the comments.

Watch to hear what Singaporeans have to say about 'e-stalking':

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aKbI3-dpABg?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>