• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman's leg caught in Overcrowded MRT platform gap during rush hour

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]Woman's leg caught in platform gap during rush hour[/h]
Published on May 01, 2013
9:20 AM

check-big.png

check-big.png

check-big.png

Purchase this article for republication
Buy SPH photos

<style> .storyRight { width:520px; } </style>
<!-- content area start -->

Play
PreviousNext

Commuters helping Madam Ong after her leg got caught in the platform gap (above). She took medical leave for two days because of her injuries. -- PHOTOS: STOMP, SHIN MIN DAILY NEWS

- PHOTOS: STOMP, SHIN MIN DAILY NEWS

<!-- /.view -->http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/ST_20130501_AMLEG01_3637641e.jpg
Commuters helping Madam Ong after her leg got caught in the platform gap (above). She took medical leave for two days because of her injuries. -- PHOTOS: STOMP, SHIN MIN DAILY NEWS

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/ST_20130501_AMLEG01WEHD_3637644e.jpg
Commuters helping Madam Ong after her leg got caught in the platform gap. She took medical leave for two days because of her injuries. -- PHOTOS: STOMP, SHIN MIN DAILY NEWS

<!-- /.view -->

By Amelia Teng

A COMMUTER has told of her "panic" after her leg got trapped between an MRT train and a station platform when she was "pushed" by commuters.
Madam Ong - who did not want to give her full name - escaped with only bruises after the morning rush-hour incident at Little India station, but believes it could have been worse.
She had been standing by the doors while taking a crowded North-East Line train to work from Farrer Park to HarbourFront last Wednesday.
Madam Ong, who is in her 40s, told The Straits Times yesterday: "About three people exiting the train pushed me from the back, even though I was trying to give way by stepping out of the train first so they could get out."

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 01 May 2013 Woman suffers palm-sized bruise after her leg gets caught in MRT platform gap

woman_gets_leg_caught_in_mrt_gap-thumbnail.jpg

Another commuter's leg got trapped in the gap between the MRT train and the station platform last Wednesday. She says she was pushed.

Madam Ong told The Straits Times about her ordeal at Little India station, during the morning rush-hour.

It seems she had been standing by the doors while taking a crowded train on the North-East Line from Farrer Park to HarbourFront when she was "pushed".

The secretary in her 40s said, "About three people exiting the train pushed me from the back, even though I was trying to give way by stepping out of the train first so they could get out."

It was then that her left leg slipped into the 10cm platform gap and got trapped.

Thankfully nearby commuters helped her up and gave up a seat so Madam Ong could sit down and recover.

Madam Ong took two days' medical leave as a result of the pain.

"It's so scary. I was in a state of panic - I can't imagine what would have happened if the train doors had closed," she said.

Responding to media queries, SBS Transit senior vice-president of corporate communications Tammy Tan said it is investigating the latest matter.

In June last year, two cases of commuters' legs being trapped in the gaps at Raffles Place and Bugis stations were reported in the space of one week.

SMRT had said such gaps are necessary to accommodate the train's movement as it enters a station, so it does not scrape against the platform edge.

Photos 1 to 3 show the latest case, while the other photos show the previous cases that happened in June 2012.

Click on thumbnails for larger image

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And SMRT pretends that it is not liable? A lawsuit against SMRT is in order. Seek a million bucks for negligence.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Let's be fair, SMRT and most MRTs in the world already gave warning in trains and stations every time before any train stops to be careful of the gap. This should be good enough unless the victim is deaf or blind, this lady don't look like deaf or blind to me.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's be fair, SMRT and most MRTs in the world already gave warning in trains and stations every time before any train stops to be careful of the gap. This should be good enough unless the victim is deaf or blind, this lady don't look like deaf or blind to me.

You mean it has nothing to do with overcrowding? :oIo::oIo::oIo:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like Sam said, this woman represent the 95% of the Sinkie population.

It's actually closer to 98%.LOL

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tokyo, Hong Kong, India less crowded? Oh fuxx I used the wrong clone to reply you.

PAP IBs please help me

I don't give a flying fuck about other countries! :oIo::oIo::oIo: Si Kap Po! You are now blacklisted by me! :oIo: :oIo: :oIo:

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
photo5jpg1339292762246-data.jpg

the woman in red tube make it worse by wrapping her hands around the neck, preventing her from proper breathing

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the woman sebei heng liao.........better than the thai girl who lost her legs.
SMRT compensation? siao bo? Lucky already if SMRT dun sue her....