• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Discovering creative ways to increase my givings - CHC

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A friend send me this..... :eek::eek::eek:

IMG_3904.jpg

jw5

Loyal
They forgot to add that they don't want to hear the jingling of coins when collecting donations. :eek:

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
Why did not CHC have a smaller building so that less was needed?

Or the pastor stay in a smaller executive condo - still can enjoy having a swimming pool downstairs, gym etc.... isn't Sentosa Cove a bit excessive?

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pastor should also sell his Sentosa Cove condo and it will goes a long way helping with the church building fund than the three room flat.

jw5

Loyal
Walao eh, please don't pichar their lobang lah.
You ask them to have smaller building, stay in smaller condo, sell the sentosa cove one, etc etc, doesn't all this defeat the purpose?
If they do all these things, then what for ask people to get a second part time job or have garage sale or go for less expensive holiday?
Please do have some consideration for them lah, especially in their time of need.
You don't want them to feel that it was all for nothing...............

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why did not CHC have a smaller building so that less was needed?

Malachi 3:8 (NIV)
"Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. "But you ask, 'How do we rob you?' "In tithes and offerings.

A true Christian will not be stingy towards Kong Hee, I mean God.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Or the pastor stay in a smaller executive condo - still can enjoy having a swimming pool downstairs, gym etc.... isn't Sentosa Cove a bit excessive?

It goes against the doctrine of the prosperity gospel, you see.

Material wealth is a sign of God's blessing, and if you are rich, you must not avoid the ostentatious display of wealth. If you have it, flaunt it.
This will also attract non-believers to the Lord Jesus Christ. Remember, Jesus was a very rich man!

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find this totally unacceptable.

Why should I do all these for an organisation that does nothing for me? If i give to God, the amount is between me mand God. Who should be the one to determint why and how much I should give?

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Kong Hee guy is just feeding on the greed of his 33,000 sheep.

He has to show his sheep that he is the real life example of "the more you give, the more you will get" so he has to create a lifestyle that his sheep are envious of. He has to show his sheep that he is the 'man of God', he give his whole life to God and in turn God bless him with all that he has today, including his cove. And that's also why his sheep never questioned him about his wealth.

jw5

Loyal
This Kong Hee guy is just feeding on the greed of his 33,000 sheep.

It's not just their greed at least not all of them
It's also their insecurities, their fears, weaknesses, uncertainty about life and afterlife, etc.
That's why I detest that fellow, he preys on peoples' weaknesses for material gain. Scum.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thenreason the press is not prepared to highlight these abuses is because many of the follower. Are superscale staff and politicians .

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there are kids neglected in sg, and here we have tens of thousands of sinkies offering money to a lost cause instead of doing real charity. :rolleyes:

StinkiePeasants

Alfrescian
Loyal
Con Hee: You give until your heart is broken. You give until tears stream down down your eyes.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P8AqyEPkX3A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>