• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangkok Runroaders, are you ready for the worst flood come next week ?

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
My GF will go up to Korat today to see her client, will let you guys know the situation once receive her feed back

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Joety, remember to move your Lexus to multi-storey carpark.

Tomorrow I will go check Klong Saen Saep again, as I need to go The Mall Bangkapi for Yamaha exhibition.

Thank you Pojaman, past few days busy with visitors and was not in touch about this matter. Only know after reading this post. Pretty scary la but now I just arrived in Pattaya so nothing I can do. Wife's in Bangkok. I get back only tomorrow afternoon hope everything's ok.

Sister and family and some friends arrive tomorrow morning but will be whisked away from airport directly to Hua Hin for 4 days of golf and back to Bangkok only on Thursday and leave for home on Saturday night. I hope by then it'll be alright.

Thanks again for the warning buddy.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I love this forum more and more because it is able to help fellow Singaporeans overseas. Thanks to all you bros.

Joety, remember to move your Lexus to multi-storey carpark.

Tomorrow I will go check Klong Saen Saep again, as I need to go The Mall Bangkapi for Yamaha exhibition.

My GF will go up to Korat today to see her client, will let you guys know the situation once receive her feed back

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You stupid orange jersey rubber dinghy. I've lived through a real flood in Thailand before. Half a storey high flood at street level, can row sampan. Those you saw at Orchard Road and KPKB were just water puddle in comparison.

20 years ago during the rainy season....there will be knee high flooding in Pratunam (Indra Regent Hotel stretch) whenever it rains....highest level I've experienced was chest high. Not seen such flooding in years. Let's see if this time can beat those days.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Krungthep Mahanakorn cannot be gone, will always be there forever, unless somebody nuke it. All these news and dire weather forecasts are political propaganda for the new Government to extract more budget from Parliament.
Bangkok is sinking, I think it will have to implement something like what Holland is doing to keep the water out in future.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I stayed in 3rd storey apartment and have enough of foods and drinks stocked up. I looked out the window and watched the fun. The flood water would be damn dirty. But the Thai kids didn't think too much and played in it.
I am not in bkk but I stay on the 14 floor....heard there is slight flooding there at junction ratchada huaykwang.....no flooding in Nong Khai where the Gf is....

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Fuck if Ratchada/Huay Khwang is flooded there goes Colonze, Emmanuel, The Lord, Ceasar, Poseidon etc etc

This flood MUST BE STOP!

I am not in bkk but I stay on the 14 floor....heard there is slight flooding there at junction ratchada huaykwang.....no flooding in Nong Khai where the Gf is....

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bangkok is sinking, I think it will have to implement something like what Holland is doing to keep the water out in future.

Then you must ask silly orange jersey Holland supporter Alamaking to build a dam in Bangkok in Holland style and plug a finger into a hole in the dam in case there's a hole.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Has been raining for the last few days. So far, no serious flooding in Chonburi/Pattaya. Most of the areas that are affected by the flood are situated along the rivers.

Remember on one of my visits to Pattaya a few years ago and I saw some businesses had sandbags around their premises & when I took a look at the beach, there was alot of debris along the beach.

Didn't know that floods the floods in Pattaya was a regular affair:confused:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck if Ratchada/Huay Khwang is flooded there goes Colonze, Emmanuel, The Lord, Ceasar, Poseidon etc etc

This flood MUST BE STOP!

What is the problem ? Colonze, Emmanuel, the Lord, Caesar, Poseidon have always been flooded - with people like you and your buddies what.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Didn't know that floods the floods in Pattaya was a regular affair:confused:

Floods in Thailand are regular affairs, if you consider one big flood between five to ten years as regular. One is sure to come within that timeframe. It's no Yaacob Ibrahim fairy tale explanation for flood in Singapore. Thailand is in the middle of the monsoon zone. If you want to hang around in Thailand long, you have to understand that.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Don't like that say la. Anyway bro if u hear any update pls let us know ok? Me a little worry la.

What is the problem ? Colonze, Emmanuel, the Lord, Caesar, Poseidon have always been flooded - with people like you and your buddies what.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
September 9th Emperor season where got rain in Phuket and further south. You should have stayed in Phuket and enjoyed. But the rain clouds will be moving south by October, peaking in November.

It got rain lah piang. I was in phuket. They postponed the procession from 26th to like 29th.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't like that say la. Anyway bro if u hear any update pls let us know ok? Me a little worry la.
image_20111008120518E1EBC938-DAFE-433F-5BA49544057A3E43.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 8 -- Bangkok Governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra inspected the flood situation at Ratchadapisek Road after more than 100mm rain last night caused flooding at 17 locations in the capital.

Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) workers mobilised to drain water at 17 locations citywide while the governor gave assurances that Bangkok is prepared to cope with the increased volume of water from north of Bangkok, both the runoff from the northern provinces and the continuing recent rains.

Nonetheless evacuation plans are in place for 27 communities outside the city’s flood prevention dykes.

Ratchadapisek Road at Ratchada-Lad Phrao intersecion was under 10-15 cm of water, more than 20 buses and cars were inoperable due to the water and were parked along the road.

Mr Sukhumbhand said the heavy rain at 3am Saturday morning measured as much as 101mm, flooding 17 locations in Bangkok, the most critical being the heavily-travelled Ratchada-Lad Phrao intersection.

Four more high-performance water evacuation pumps were installed to drain water in the critically-affected areas and it was expected that the flooded areas could be flood-free by 10.30am. Other flood-affected areas would be back to normal by midday.

As for worries that water flowing to Bangkok from the north, the Bangkok governor said he would inspect at Bang Sue Canal and the flood prevention dykes at Lak Hok and Klong Prem Prachakorn and will meet with agency officials involved with implementing the water management plan, as well as the evacuation plans for 27 communities in the metropolitan region but outside the BMA’s flood prevention dykes.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
btw guys i'm asking something different.

I was with this thai gal inside a taxi to a club called shock 39, anyway she said something to the cab driver and we didn't need to pay the fare. I asked her and she told me they would pay later or the club would pay later?

You see i'm not very aware of what exactly occured but how is that possible?