• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

YouTuber Tzuyang opens up about 4 years of abuse by ex-boyfriend

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2024/07/113_378450.html

Tzuyang claims ex-partner threatened to illegally distribute videos of her when she tried to end relationship
By KTimes
Tzuyang (real name Park Jung-won), 27, a famous "mukbang" (a Korean word for eating show) YouTuber with over 10 million subscribers, revealed that she was a victim of illegal filming and violence at the hands of her ex-boyfriend, who was also the CEO of her agency.

She also claimed that he defrauded her to the tune of 4 billion won ($3.1 million) due to improper payment settlements from her broadcasts. Although she eventually pursued legal action, the case was dismissed due to no grounds for prosecution following the perpetrator's death.

Tzuyang's revelations were made in response to allegations made earlier in the day by the YouTube channel Garo Sero Institute, which claimed that YouTubers affiliated with "Cyber Wreckers," referring to those who engage in online harassment or defamation to cause harm or extort money from others, had blackmailed her for tens of millions of won by threatening to expose her past.

Tzuyang held a live broadcast titled "I Will Tell You Everything" on her YouTube channel, Thursday. This broadcast was in response to a revelation made the previous day by the YouTube channel "GaSeYeon" (Garo Sero Institute), which alleged that Tzuyang had been blackmailed by multiple cyberstalkers using her past as leverage to extort money from her.

Tzuyang used this opportunity to clarify her past. She said the events occurred while dating her ex-boyfriend, Mr. A, whom she met when she was a university student.

"I tried to break up because he showed violent behavior, but he threatened to distribute an illegal video he had taken of me, so I couldn't leave him," she said.

Tzuyang's legal representative presents photo evidence of the assault on  Tzuyang, Thursday. Captured from Tzuyang's YouTube channel

Tzuyang's legal representative presents photo evidence of the assault on Tzuyang, Thursday. Captured from Tzuyang's YouTube channel
Financial exploitation and repeated abuse

She further revealed that he assaulted her with umbrellas and blunt objects, and she was forced to work temporarily at the bar where Mr. A was employed.

"Whenever I wanted to quit, he would use violence and threaten to reveal information to my family, so I couldn't stand up to him," Tzuyang said.

During this period, Tzuyang started her mukbang channel, to earn money. "Even though I earned some money from the broadcasts, he took all of it, leaving me without enough money to buy even a chicken meal," she said.

As her broadcasts became successful, Mr. A established an agency and forced her into an unfair contract, splitting the earnings 70-30 in his favor.

Tzuyang endured the arrangement for four of her five years in broadcasting but was eventually able to escape with the help of agency employees.

"Initially, I was afraid that my weaknesses would be exposed, but with the support of the employees, I was able to sever ties with Mr. A," she said. "However, he then started threatening my family and the employees, and fabricated stories to spread to other YouTubers, which led me to file a lawsuit against him."

Mukbang YouTuber Tzuyang / Captured from Tzuyang's YouTube channel

Mukbang YouTuber Tzuyang / Captured from Tzuyang's YouTube channel
Evidence of abuse and legal battles

At the end of her broadcast, Tzuyang's lawyers appeared and explained the case and presented evidence of the assaults and threats. According to them, Tzuyang has filed multiple lawsuits against Mr. A, including claims for unpaid earnings, termination of her exclusive contract, and opposition to trademark registration.

Additionally, she has pressed criminal charges for habitual assault and sexual violence.

Lawyer Kim Tae-yeon said, "Tzuyang's suffering was immense, and the evidence is extensive. There are 3,800 audio files containing the details of her victimization. As a criminal defense lawyer handling many cases, this one was shockingly severe. The amount of unpaid earnings owed to Tzuyang is at least 4 billion won."

After the initial lawsuit, Mr. A requested leniency, and an agreement was reached by the involved parties, leading to the withdrawal of the lawsuit. But he violated the agreement, prompting a second lawsuit.

Tzuyang's lawyer said that this second case was dismissed without charges or prosecution due to Mr. A's subsequent death. "We hope there will be no further speculation or misunderstandings regarding the parties involved, and we wish to prevent any secondary harm to the bereaved family," he said.