• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Young couple lost $120k in fake OCBC text message scam

Voldermort

Alfrescian
Loyal
It took a man and his wife five years to save about $120,000, but in just 30 minutes, scammers using a fake text message stole the money they had kept in their OCBC Bank joint savings account.

The couple in their 20s were among at least 469 people who reportedly fell victim to phishing scams involving OCBC Bank in the last two weeks of December last year.

The victims lost around $8.5 million in total.

More at https://shrtcô.de/jND6Yz

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't deposit all your money into a single bank.

Besides SDIC only insures up to $75,000 per bank.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't deposit all your money into a single bank.

Besides SDIC only insures up to $75,000 per bank.
Until now my uncle not sure when we leeposit eg 75k in 1 bank with multiple sub account totalling eg 200k is the sdic insure 75k or each account is per 75k ? Becas the orhweesir asked my uncle do you want to separate the leeposit KNN

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Until now my uncle not sure when we leeposit eg 75k in 1 bank with multiple sub account totalling eg 200k is the sdic insure 75k or each account is per 75k ? Becas the orhweesir asked my uncle do you want to separate the leeposit KNN
DBS, OCBC, HSBC, CitiBank, MayBank, StanChart, BOC, BOI, where else to deposit money ah?

mine in my new milo tin, old one too rusty already

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
DBS, OCBC, HSBC, CitiBank, MayBank, StanChart, BOC, BOI, where else to deposit money ah?

mine in my new milo tin, old one too rusty already
Milo tin no sdic.
My uncle parked most of his $ in ICBC HLF and CPF as they offer the highest rate in market most of the time.

JustOneSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bhai,

Dont put all your eggs in one basket.

Q : My 6-crickets formation has achieved 7-crickets' digits.

So, what formation is it called now?

JustOneSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bhai,

Your answer from SDIC :

A: For joint accounts, SDIC will split funds in the joint account evenly unless the DI Scheme member has records that show otherwise.

Each account holder's share is then combined with his or her own accounts and the total amount of insured deposits is then covered up to S$75,000.

JustOneSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The FDIC adds together all single accounts owned by the same person at the same bank and insures the total up to $250,000.

Bhai,

So, dont put all your eggs in one basket.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bhai,

Dont put all your eggs in one basket.

Q : My 6-crickets formation has achieved 7-crickets' digits.

So, what formation is it called now?
KNN my uncle think is vallam kali formation you have achieved. :whistling:
images.jpeg

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
The FDIC adds together all single accounts owned by the same person at the same bank and insures the total up to $250,000.

Bhai,

So, dont put all your eggs in one basket.
That means having $200k in same bank splitted into several account can insure upto $250k?