• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

You Trip vs Revolut. Which one you use?

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am checking these 2 out for my travelling usage. Which one of you guys using it now?

It seems like YouTrip offer better rates than Revolut.

Sustanon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Revolut. Can use online shopping, take bus, MRT, supermarket in Singapore and not just overseas... so far so good for me... top up by DBS internet banking is instant one and withdraw to my DBS bank also instant one.... use in Malaysia also very good.... exchange rate is even better than money changer.... but I usually keep very low balance inside just in case Revolut uplorry and my money gone too....

Sustanon

Alfrescian
Loyal
You need a card ?

I use Wise to transfer funds to overseas.
Wise can also transfer directly into overseas bank account right? I haven't try on my Revolut to transfer money into my overseas bank account yet despite Revolut have that function though....

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Revolut. Can use online shopping, take bus, MRT, supermarket in Singapore and not just overseas... so far so good for me... top up by DBS internet banking is instant one and withdraw to my DBS bank also instant one.... use in Malaysia also very good.... exchange rate is even better than money changer.... but I usually keep very low balance inside just in case Revolut uplorry and my money gone too....
What about Thailand, Taiwan, Japan and Korea?

Sustanon

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about Thailand, Taiwan, Japan and Korea?
Thailand is yes just tell them you want to make payment by credit card, mastercard, visa blah blah blah.... they give you the machine and you just scan that's all.... if you go tell them I want to make payment by Revolut, Wise, Apple Pay, etc... you will only confuse them and they will say NO which is the same as in JB (personal experience)...... As I haven't go Taiwan, Japan or Korea before so I cannot answer you that... I can only presume that it should work the same anywhere in the world unless of course you go North Korea that's another thing..... lol... hope it helps...

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thailand is yes just tell them you want to make payment by credit card, mastercard, visa blah blah blah.... they give you the machine and you just scan that's all.... if you go tell them I want to make payment by Revolut, Wise, Apple Pay, etc... you will only confuse them and they will say NO which is the same as in JB (personal experience)...... As I haven't go Taiwan, Japan or Korea before so I cannot answer you that... I can only presume that it should work the same anywhere in the world unless of course you go North Korea that's another thing..... lol... hope it helps...
I am more concern about the exchange rate. Revolut will charge fees if you use it on weekends starting on friday 5pm to sunday 6pm. Youtrip and Wise dun have that, i think they charge low rates or something.

Sustanon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am more concern about the exchange rate. Revolut will charge fees if you use it on weekends starting on friday 5pm to sunday 6pm. Youtrip and Wise dun have that, i think they charge low rates or something.
Revolut exchange rate so far ok for me pretty close to spot rate. After making payment with Revolut in JB, I went online to check the exchange rate immediately and compare it to see if I got kena rip off or not but turns out quite good exchange rate leh.... As for the Revolut charges fees, I don't know much.... maybe over a certain limit or something or draw from atm.... I really not so sure...

YouTrip coz I heard once you transfer in, cannot transfer out liao so I sianz 1/2 liao.... maybe you can verify if it's true....

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wise can also transfer directly into overseas bank account right? I haven't try on my Revolut to transfer money into my overseas bank account yet despite Revolut have that function though....
I use Wise to transfer SGD to JPY to pay a Japanese factory.

Transferring to Japan bank account is tricky because the Payee name has to be in Katakana.

Transfer to Thailand is a breeze.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Revolut fees are lower for most of the currencies. But I don't keep traces of my banking transactions on my phone, so I don't keep mobile banking app.

Otherwise I would have opted for Revolut.
Maybe I go for revolut and wise. Youtrip seems very sinkified, can even link to EZ-Link.. Seems very govt-infested.