• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Yeo’s LeeTrenched 32 Jiakliaobee Employees!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeo's retrenches 32 staff in Singapore amid changing consumer patterns and mounting cost pressures​

Tue, 5 April 2022, 10:17 AM
ea505c4d70ee2c4ede90223ecb79fbc7

The affected staff account for less than 2% of the company’s 1,900-person workforce.

F&B manufacturer Yeo Hiap Seng (Yeo’s) has let go of 32 staff in Singapore, in line with its long-term plan to transform its global business.

The move comes amid changing consumer patterns and retail conditions as well as mounting cost pressures.

“This was a very difficult decision for us to make,” Group CEO Samuel Koh said in an Apr 5 regulatory filing.

“The changing market conditions and cost inflation meant that the group has had to evolve our business service model to be more efficient. Yeo’s has a global footprint and this decision is consistent with our long-term strategic plan to transform and enhance the value of our business,” he added.

The change in business model and retrenchment exercise in Singapore will reduce the group's on-going operating costs.

The affected staff account for less than 2% of the company’s 1,900-person workforce.

Yeo’s is also working with the Food, Drinks and Allied Workers Union and the National Trades Union Congress’ (NTUC) Employment and Employability Institute (e2i) to extend training, placement support and career guidance to the affected staff.

The group expects to incur a one-off restructuring charge, with separation packages to be given to the retrenched staff to tide them through the transition. The quantum of this restructuring charge will be finalised later, it said.

Shares in Yeo’s closed up a cent or 1.16% at 87 cents on Apr 5, before the announcement.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should have retained the iconic old logos and packaging. Now they look like crap. Probably brought bad luck too.

1320489.jpg
1321408.jpg

logo.jpg

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I missed their old factory at Bukit Timah, next to the now Albert Park MRT. Used to collect drinks there for camp events during my N-Ass days. Half a day gone easily slacking by volunteering

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I missed their old factory at Bukit Timah, next to the now Albert Park MRT. Used to collect drinks there for camp events during my N-Ass days. Half a day gone easily slacking by volunteering

Yes, that Bukit Timah area was very happening back in the day. On weekends buses carrying horse race punters would travel to the old Turf Club.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
They lack a solid brand ambassador, like Vivian Lai of Pokkai.

They should appoint Sun Ho as brand ambassador. Guarantee to upturn the downturn.