• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wouldn't it be good if our medical benefits stay even after we leave our job?

MaxRiley

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wouldn't it be good if our free private clinic reimbursement remains even after we leave the company?
Seems like NTUC is pushing for it.
I hope this pulls through so I don't need to pay my private clinic consultation anymore.

"Noting that portable plans benefit employees more than employers, NTUC assistant secretary-general and Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC MP Zainal Sapari suggested offering more attractive packages and higher tax relief to incentivise firms to come on board and combat inertia."

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/firms-cite-barriers-in/1164586.html

Last edited:

MaxRiley

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you don't pay then where is the money coming from to fund your medical bills?

you pay your insurance that the company funds part of it. depending on your insurance that you take, the old company i worked with i get a card which gives me access to free consultation with private clinics.

I guess the money comes from other healthy people who are on the same insurance? :biggrin:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From my understanding, when you join a comnpany, and the company buy for you the medical insurance, it will cover you for a span of time , most of the time is from Jan to year end Dec. So if you leave the company say Jun, you can still use the insurance even you are working in another company. This is what my friend has been doing.
Maybe only the more neow HR will cancel your insurance and perhaps get pro rated $ back from the insurer.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes in a country with welfare its all there working citizen or no. How are you going to better your lives if you dont even know what a shithole it is?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Tax rich people like you lah ...you can afford to pay extra 5 percent tax. Would be just peanuts for you.

Why should I have to foot the bill for someone else? :rolleyes: I have never expected anyone else to pay my bills.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
you pay your insurance that the company funds part of it. depending on your insurance that you take, the old company i worked with i get a card which gives me access to free consultation with private clinics.

I guess the money comes from other healthy people who are on the same insurance? :biggrin:

That's if you carry on paying your medical insurance. If you leave the company and the premiums aren't being paid anymore, why do you still expect to be covered by insurance?