• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Would you even pay to eat this shit?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any eatery that has the Michelin "star" attached to it is to be avoided like the plague. Not only will the mudderfarkers use that as an excuse to raise their ego and prices, what the fark does French frogs know about Sinkee tastes anyway?
i smell collusion, corruption, and shenanigan. it has gotten out of control in sg for michelin stars to be awarded like a xi virus breakout.

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
This dumbass dined at a food court in a mall, owned by a F&B crony.

Hawker Chan's prices have also increased after its Michelin fame.

This would be $5 or $6 in a similar environment... in 2017-2018. :biggrin:
Their outlet at Tampines closed down.

So we make sure they close down all their outlets if they want to sell at sky high price for this unhealthy shit food

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the first michelin starred hawker food for heavens sake.
Apart from the other one in bangkok.

Bangkok Street Food Who Netted A Michelin Star​

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Flipboard
  • Email
June 26, 20195:03 AM ET
Heard on Morning Edition
MICHAEL SULLIVAN
LISTEN· 3:523-Minute ListenAdd toPLAYLIST
jayfai_wide-3a01246810c2d39a14544605a9be03051690aae9-s1100-c50.jpg

Enlarge this image
Chef Jay Fai wears a wool cap and safety goggles to ward off the heat from the charcoal fires in the alley where she cooks all of the restaurant's meals. She is such a perfectionist that she doesn't let anyone on her staff do the cooking.
Lillian Suwanrumpha/AFP/Getty Images
Bangkok is legendary for its fun and its food. Especially its street food. And one vendor's is so good, it has earned a Michelin star for the second year running.
Raan Jay Fai is a small, seven-table joint in Old Bangkok that'd be easy to miss if it weren't for the line.
There's always a line.
In Home Of Original Sriracha Sauce, Thais Say Rooster Brand Is Nothing To Crow About

THE SALT

In Home Of Original Sriracha Sauce, Thais Say Rooster Brand Is Nothing To Crow About

You can try to make a reservation, but the place — named after its chef/owner, a local legend — is usually booked a month or two out. Signing up for the walk-in list is the best bet for many, especially tourists. But you need to get there early.
"I got here at 7:30 [a.m.]," says 24-year old Kashmira Velji, from Austin, Texas, who was determined to try Jay Fai after viewing the chef's star turn on the recent Netflix special Street Food. Never mind that the restaurant doesn't open for lunch until 2 p.m.
"Everybody we've met on this trip, nobody we've talked to who's been here actually made it inside to eat," she says. "They told us that they'd gotten here at 9 or 10 [a.m.], that they'd been number 30 on the list and they couldn't wait that long to get food. So I was like, we're showing up [early] and we're getting a table."
Sponsor Message

It worked. Getting there at 7:30 a.m. made Velji and her friend, Ana Wong, first on the walk-in list. Seven hours later, they were biting into Jay Fai's signature khai jeaw poo, or crab omelette.
"I've never had anything like this before," Velji says between bites. "I'm not making it up, I'm not exaggerating, it's actually amazing. Like, it's light and airy but it's also ... hardy," she says, somewhat puzzled. "Our first bites were very intense. We kind of just stayed silent and were in shock at how good it tastes."
Suparat Tretachayakorn — a doctor — isn't shocked at all. He's a regular. And the crab omelette is one of his go-to dishes.
"It's pure joy," he says. He's here with a few colleagues who've just polished off not one but two of the crab omelettes, each stuffed with roughly a pound of crab meat.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
stomp.straitstimes.com

Customer shocked that Hawker Chan's roast pork rice is now $8.10 after 40% hike​

photo_library See 14 More Photos chevron_right chevron_left

Cherlynn Ng

Posted on 14 July 2022

A customer was shocked to discover that the price of his beloved roast pork rice has gone up by 40%, from $5.80 to $8.10.

According to Shin Min Daily News, the customer had visited Liao Fan Hawker Chan's outlet at Plaza Singapura's Kopitiam food court. He later went online to complain that the stall had increased its prices without notifying customers.

Mr Liang Jianan, 40, said he would patronise the stall once a week but only discovered the price hike recently. Taken aback, he repeatedly asked the stall's cashier to confirm the 40% price increase.

Mr Liang said: "I later checked and found that this plate of rice was no different than before, except for an extra half an egg now."

He felt that the stall should have verbally reminded customers about the new pricing since it was quite a significant hike, adding: "If I had known that the increase was so outrageous, I would have gone to the hawker centre nearby instead."

When contacted by Shin Min, Liao Fan Hawker Chan's flagship store at Chinatown acknowledged the price hike but said the costs of cooking oil, pork, gas, water and electricity are all rising.

Customers are also paying $0.30 more for takeaway boxes, which has seen an increase in costs too.

A spokesman added: "We will adjust prices again when things are more stable."

A reporter visited Liao Fan Hawker Chan and found that other items on its menu have undergone price adjustments too:
  • Signature soya sauce chicken rice: $5.50 -> $6.80
  • Char siew rice: $5.50 -> $7.80
  • Pork ribs rice: $5.50 -> $7.80
  • 2-meat combination platter: $8 -> $12
An employee told Shin Min that the stall has received complaints about the price hike, adding: "In the past, customers would add on meat and vegetables, but now they only order the basic set meal."

Liao Fan Hawker Chan was awarded one Michelin Star in 2016, but lost it after five years. 2022 marks the second year in a row it has been displaced from the list.
The $11 cai png was bought from a stall in Mayflower Market And Hawker Centre in Ang Mo Kio.

Good for this Hawker Chan. The price of $8.10 would weed out all the cheapskate customers who seek to take advantage of hardworking F&B outlets for personal gain.