• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Worst dining experience at Happy Pay Steamboat

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Worst dining experience at Happy Pay Steamboat & Chef

A diner was left fuming after his 'worst dining experience' at a steamboat restaurant located around Bugis.

Singapore, August 29, 2009 - A diner was left fuming after his 'worst dining experience' at a steamboat restaurant located around Bugis.

The restaurant was once voted one of the top ten restaurants in Singapore from 2003 to 2006, said the customer, who sent in his complaint to online citizen journalism website, STOMP.

The irate customer called his experience at the restaurant a "nightmare", "from having to face a grumpy service crew all the time to not being provided with proper cutlery".

He noted the food was not replenished, although it was only 8.45pm. The customer also noted that "there wasn't even a smile or 'thank you' from the boss" when they made their payment.

The diner added, "It was reputedly a very popular steamboat restaurant that turned out to be a nightmare!"

http://www.sammyboy.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=2

Anyone shared his experience before? Went to this "Happy Pay" before long ago with family and vowed never to go there ever again. Was very Unhappy to pay. Not the only time they got complains.

Limited selection of food and very poor service (untrained part-timer worse than PRCs) - worse than most hawker centres offering steam-boats. Owner - female boss - seems to hail from Hong Kong (I think). Voted ten best restaurants?? Must have paid someone to multi-vote for them.

Passed by the place again and saw some people eating at narrow five-foot way. Those who still go to that place, better watch out for uncles and aunties who frequently tour the parking lots along the roadside.

I think you get more angry with "Happy Pay" than to get a ticket from uncles and aunties!

ronaldinho

Alfrescian
Loyal
I eat at Liang Seah St quite often

I have a different experience of this Happy place

Food is good and also value for money