• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Work of Du Lan Commuters?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 27 Feb, 2009 14:42
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Prank labels rude and offensive to the disabled

These labels found aboard a train are offensive and have been put up by an inconsiderate prankster, says STOMPer Ben.

The STOMPer, who spotted these labels on a train cabin last night (February 27), was shocked that someone could play such an insensitive prank.

Ben says:

“I was travelling towards Pasir Ris from Bugis last night when I noticed these unusual stickers aboard the train.

“At first I thought it was an advertisement but when I noticed the sign mocking paraplegic people, I knew it was definitely a prank. No advertiser would be allowed to depict disabled people in such a way.

“The other sign was less offensive and more humourous but I think that the prank sign that refers to disabled people was done in bad taste.

“Nobody noticed the signs. One was above the priority seats and the other was pasted on the window.

“I walked to the other cabins but could not find the same stickers there.

“Later, I pointed the signs out to the MRT personnel who came aboard to check for lost items and sleeping passengers at the last stop. He thought it was advertising at first but when he took a closer look, he was shocked as well.

“I think the sign is really offensive because the culprit is mocking disabled people for no reason. What did the disabled ever do to him for him to play this prank?

“Also, on all the stickers, was the word ‘John Marcko’. I wonder what this means. I even searched for the term over the Internet but found nothing.”

Do you have any idea? Let us know your thoughts.

getArticlePhoto.do

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 25 Feb, 2009 11:01
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Commuter swears at bus driver

A STOMPer was dismayed to see a passenger swear at a Bus Captain yesterday (February 24) just because the driver was concentrating on the road and could not issue a bus ticket immediately.

The STOMPer suspects that the rude commuter was a foreigner and feels that he should not have insulted the bus driver, who was just doing his job.

She recounts her experience in an e-mail:

“I witnessed an incident which took place on SBS service 65 at around 4.08pm today (February 24 2009).

“The passenger boarded the bus with insufficient cash. When the bus captain told him the amount for the trip, he found that he was short of coins. The driver advised him to get change from one of us, which the passenger did.

“After making the payment, while the driver was driving, he informed the driver that he had paid the fare but because the driver was concentrated on the road, the passenger had to repeat himself twice.

“The driver issued the ticket later.

“The passenger was rather rude and muttered something to the driver and called him a ‘b******’.

“To me, he looked like a foreigner. Why let them belittle Singaporeans who are doing their job?

“When I alighted, I told the driver to get his personal particulars as he should not be let to go scot-free.”

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>