• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman in her 50s crushed by a tree in Jurong

Houri

Stupidman
Loyal

Pedestrian taken to hospital after tree falls on her in Jurong​

Pedestrian taken to hospital after tree falls on her in Jurong

A tree fell in Jurong West, hitting a pedestrian waiting to cross the road.
PHOTO: Lianhe Zaobao
PUBLISHED ONOCTOBER 16, 2024 12:38 PM
ByKHOO YI-HANG

A pedestrian was taken to hospital after a tree collapsed along Jurong West Ave 1 on Tuesday (Oct 15) at about 5.10pm, striking her, Lianhe Zaobao reported.

The pedestrian, a woman in her 50s, was crossing the road when the tree fell.

The tree, which was approximately four storeys tall, had fallen on the road, cutting across multiple lanes and smashing into the road divider. A sign attached to a traffic light was also damaged in the process.

"There was another man with me and we found the woman who fell and was injured," a 40-year-old food deliveryman who wished to remain anonymous, told Zaobao.

"We quickly helped her to the side [of the road]," he recalled, adding that she suffered injuries to her face and knees.

"She looked terrified, but there were no visible injuries elsewhere on her body. When paramedics arrived, they sent her to the hospital for treatment."

Residents in the area told Zaobao that they had heard the sound of branches breaking apart before witnessing the tree topple over.

He Yonglun (transliteration), said that the woman didn't appear to have suffered severe injuries.

The 32-year-old freelancer added: "There are usually a lot of cars on this section of road. Fortunately, there were no cars passing by when the tree fell."

Clean-up of the area by NParks personnel was completed by 8.30pm, reported Zaobao.

According to 8world, the Land Transport Authority also replaced the damaged traffic light and road sides about an hour later.

Responding to queries from AsiaOne, the Singapore Civil Defence Force said that they received a call for assistance along Jurong West Street 42 at around 5.25pm on Tuesday.

They confirmed that one person was taken to Ng Teng Fong General Hospital.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt she was crushed by the tree.
Likely just a brushing by the branches and she tried to geng for some compensation.
Crushed by tree usually will up lorry.
Recently some tourist just crushed by tree in George Town and up lorry too.
Last time a driving instructor also crushed by tree and up lorry.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt she was crushed by the tree.
Likely just a brushing by the branches and she tried to geng for some compensation.
Crushed by tree usually will up lorry.
Recently some tourist just crushed by tree in George Town and up lorry too.
Last time a driving instructor also crushed by tree and up lorry.
Last time I knew someone fell from mrt escalator and can tell that person wanted to geng for insurance compensation too.
How I know she was genging?
Becos she refused to do a scan recommended by the doctor and yet she couldn't walk and stayed on bed in the ward.

Sustanon

Alfrescian
Loyal
all related medical expenses will be paid by herself I presume and what will happen if she refuse to pay? Will debt collectors from the hospital go to her house and shame her to demand payment?