• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Woman calls out Grab driver who tells her she should bring booster seat for kid

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
20230301_woman_grab_0.jpg

A woman who was on her way home with her four-year-old child took offence when her Grab driver suggested she take a GrabFamily ride in the future if she had a child in tow.

She took to TikTok to vent about her experience, saying that she couldn't understand the driver’s rationale. She also displayed the driver’s details in the six-second clip.

Speaking to AsiaOne, the woman, referred to as Jessica, said she had booked a ride from Katong V, while it was raining.

When she got into the car, the driver told her she should have brought a child seat for the ride or taken Grab's family-friendly ride-hailing service – which is a tad more expensive – instead.

"He [asked] me to take GrabFamily," she said, adding that the journey was a mere two-minute drive and there were only two passengers.

Her child is below 1m in height, and does not meet the minimum height requirement (1m - 1.35m), as per Grab policies, to ride without a child seat.

Nonetheless, the driver did not cancel the ride and sent her home.

Most netizens in the comments section didn’t side with her on the issue.

Some pointed out that the driver was well within his rights to reject them, while others asked if she would take the blame if the driver got into trouble over the matter.

One comment said: “I’d understand if you were upset that he cancelled your trip, since it was raining. But he still drove you home, right? So what are you on about?”

According to Grab's website, children between 1m and 1.35m are required to be strapped into booster seats during the ride.

Passengers who book a GrabFamily car will have booster seats available, and the charge is included in the fare.

However, passengers who do not make a GrabFamily booking must pay a $2 surcharge for the booster seat, if the car has one available.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I never sat on a booster seat when I was a kid. Stop overprotecting kids. This is exactly why we have replaced sand playgrounds with crappy plastic ones.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the spoilt rotten sinkies talking cock. Should see how people in other countries ferry kids around

1675574712589.jpeg

1675574744950.jpeg

The champion is probably this one though
1675574798992.jpeg

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, base on rules and regulations. The grab driver is correct. I am questioning the drivers tone of voice and emotional initiative if it causes irritation to this passenger. U can advise on the rules and regulations but watch ur tone. I know sinkies make a drama from other people's mistake due to their ignorance of the rules.

Malaysians, in this area, is much much better than sinkies. Patience and gentle and also help out.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
That’s why Sinkies are the worst type of cheebye lang. everything follow strictly by law when it comes to others, but when it benefits them, they complain why law cannot be flexible.

In my next life, I hope I get reincarnated as a Sinkie… PAP politician to screw everyone.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
just curious why she didnt try the following Apps :biggrin:

a) Comfort Taxi App
b) Tada App
c) Gojek App
d) Ryde App or TELEPHONE ,

e) Prime Taxi
f) Transcab Taxi
g) Silver Cab Taxi
h) Strides Taxi .... :biggrin:

searcher1

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair, all public transport should be exempted from Child Seat. Do you see Bus or MRT have this rule ?
Taxi can be exempted, why must insist PHV ? Unfair playing field to pacify the Taxi Company ?
If these FW can travel without seat belts, then PHV should be able to do away with Child Seat

1675602331053.png