• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

without GRC, can non-chinese becomes MP at all?

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
let's be realistic a bit,,,,,

we can f888 about GRC being a poltical tool for PAP to hold on power, whatever shit, and actually i personally think GRC is a scam,,,,

but then again, can anybody see non-chinese win in a SMC especially PAP?

i think PAP non-chinese has no way of getting into the parliament thru' their own merits,,,,,

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe if a MP bothers to walk the ground, know the residents, shows his concerns and have a reputable background, he will have a chance of winning an election, regardless of his race.

I for one will vote for non-chinese candidate if I find him the better one compared to the rest contesting.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
The late JBJ is one of them. His son also joined politics not long ago. I betted he has potential as well.
And if we really see him beating a Chinese PAP candidate, it would be fun then.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
The GRC systems shown that our PAP had unable to unite the nation. In the other hand, PAP indirectly is telling to the Malaysia.

1) Bias on own religion and race can work together if the Chinese and Indian respect Malay as own citizen partners to progress the nation. And the Malay shall adopt Chinese and Indian as own citizen partners to progress the nation.

2) PAP give signal that force people to give out own religion and race and become English Culture with Science and Technologies make Chinese, Indian and Malay lose trust each other.

3) Eurasian and Pro English games look good but not so practical.

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe if a MP bothers to walk the ground, know the residents, shows his concerns and have a reputable background, he will have a chance of winning an election, regardless of his race.

I for one will vote for non-chinese candidate if I find him the better one compared to the rest contesting.

but the non-chinese candidate can only score if he can speak chinese languages. if cannot speak, cannot connect to the majority, no rapport and no votes. that is life. not that voters won't vote non-chinese, they wont vote fpr someone they cannot connect with (unless that someone threaten no upgrading and also give some incentives like ess for their votes)

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Not? Malay MP contest in Geylang Serai, Ah Neh MP contest in Little India, Ex-Filipino MP contest in Orchard road!

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good idea! An MP must connect culturally and linguistically with his elctorate. Fine for Chinese MP to run in Geylang Serai etc. if he is preferably though not compulsorily, a Muslim and speaks fluent Malay. Similarly, it's fine for a Malay or Indian MP to run in Chinatown areas if he can speak Mandarin/Chinese dialects and connect with the people.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
in malaysia, mainly places with chinese and indian enclaves will vote in the non-malays,,, also the candidates probably knows where to contest to their advantage,,,, cannot compare like tat la,,,,

frankly even geylang serai, little india, non-chinese PAP candidates no guarantee can get into parliament