• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Will Singapore become Sinkapore?

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I were a Sinkaporean, I will be the first one to flee Sinkapore.
But of course Ah Leongsam says climate change is just like an Indian Dodi bullshit.
lol

'Doomsday glacier' on brink of collapse could sink parts of Planet Earth​

A new science briefing has revealed there is a "grim outlook" for Thwaites Glacier in Antarctica, also known as the 'Doomsday Glacier', which if it melts could plunge parts of the world underwater.

Thwaites Glacier is a vast area of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet and is the same size as Great Britain or the US state of Florida.

It has been dubbed 'Doomsday Glacier' because of the threats it poses to Planet Earth if it were to melt, such as the possibility of sinking large areas of the planet's land mass.

Scientists have said if Thwaites Glacier, one of the largest and fastest-changing glaciers in the world, collapsed entirely then sea levels would rise by 65cm.

This may not sound like a lot, but a 2019 report stated that 44 per cent of the world's population lives within 150km of the coast, almost one in 10 people live in coasts less than 10m above sea level and more than 70 per cent of the planet's surface is already below sea level.

A project of UK and US scientists called International Thwaites Glacier Collaboration (ITGC) is aiming to predict the rate and magnitude of ongoing sea level rises that will have a huge impact on the hundreds of millions of people on coasts from Bangladesh to low-lying Pacific islands, from New York to London.

"Thwaites has been retreating for more than 80 years, accelerating considerably over the past 30 years, and our findings indicate it is set to retreat further and faster," said Dr Rob Larter of the ITGC who is also a marine geophysicist at the British Antarctic Survey.

"There is a consensus that Thwaites Glacier retreat will accelerate sometime within the next century.

"However, there is also concern that additional processes revealed by recent studies, which are not yet well enough studied to be incorporated into large scale models, could cause retreat to accelerate sooner."

Using underwater robots to take new measurements of the glacier, ITGC findings suggest Thwaites Glacier and much of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet could be lost by the 23rd century.

Dr Ted Scambos, US science coordinator of the ITGC and glaciologist at the University of Colorado, said: "It's concerning that the latest computer models predict continuing ice loss that will accelerate through the 22nd century and could lead to a widespread collapse of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet in the 23rd.

"Immediate and sustained climate intervention will have a positive effect, but a delayed one, particularly in moderating the delivery of warm deep ocean water that is the main driver of retreat." ------ lol

Last edited:

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
I leemember eben Old Fart Lee say Sinkapore will sink.
Then he say he cum back to lift Sinkapore and it will be compulsory for all Sinkies to buy a sampan.

Will Singapore Sink?​

@kenny6921

3 years ago
hahaha the moment i saw sink-apore i immediately thought of sinkies LOL

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
I leemember eben Old Fart Lee say Sinkapore will sink.
Then he say he cum back to lift Sinkapore and it will be compulsory for all Sinkies to buy a sampan.

Will Singapore Sink?​

@kenny6921

3 years ago
hahaha the moment i saw sink-apore i immediately thought of sinkies LOL
Will not sink but becomes Sindiapore, then becomes Stinkapore, too many filthy CECA Indians are brought in.

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore will sink by 2051 not 2100.

Can Singapore Save the World From Sinking?​

Andy Mukherjee
February 29, 2020 6 min read

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/singapore-save-world-sinking-000022002.html

(Bloomberg Opinion) -- Nearly a third of the global financial center of Singapore sits less than five meters above sea level. If global warming continues unabated, an area as large as 3,400 football fields in the center of the small city-state could be inundated by 2100, flooding the vital business district and some of its most valuable infrastructure.

Many coastal cities share a sinking feeling nowadays, but Singapore’s example stands out for a couple of reasons. First, the island is choosing fight over flight. Second, the fiscally conservative nation is asking current taxpayers to share the cost of an expensive battle, even though the worst of the threat will only materialize if Antarctica and Greenland lose their ice in the second half of the century.