• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wil U Switch Off Ur Lites?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sat, 28 mar 2009, 8:30pm-9:30pm ...

On March 28 you can VOTE EARTH by switching off your lights for one hour. Or you can vote global warming by leaving your lights on.

The results of the election are being presented at the Global Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen 2009. We want one billion votes for Earth, to tell world leaders that we have to take action against global warming. ...

2,712 cities, towns and municipalities in 83 countries have already committed to VOTE EARTH for Earth Hour 2009, as part of the worlds first global election between Earth and global warming. ...

VoteEarth_Stickers_A.jpg

http://www.earthhour.org/home/

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yah...so will LTA switch off all the traffic lights on that day?

With traffic lights, road signs, & lines drawn on the road, the average motorist are accident-prone. You switch off the traffic lights!.

When you owe money to SINgapore Power, they switch off all your power, and every day is a EARTH DAY!.

Money talk the loudest here...what they care about THE EARTH!... same with the lame 'plastic bags...:mad:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes certainly i will switch them off, problem is some are powered by UPS so no real difference for the 1 hour.

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well i know in Bali they practice it annually on Nyepi festival . All lights are off including street lamps even airport is shut down for 24hrs!!! This year is on 27th March.:smile:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I am all for Earth!!

The lights of my house will be switched off from 8:30-9:00PM this Saturday to show my support for the cause.

We will be drinking coffee at the Airport terminal.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All this only for show. If really want to save light. Cut GST for all light bulb energy efficient. Reduce lamp post like every 3 lamp post replace by 2 can cut 33% energy and maintenance and construction cost.