• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wife of MIC branch chief robbed of jewellery

C

Cao Pi

Wednesday November 10, 2010

Wife of MIC branch chief robbed of jewellery

SEREMBAN: The glitter of Dee-pavali was lost for the wife of an MIC branch leader when armed men robbed her of jewellery worth RM30,000 at her home in Taman Permai here. V. Vijayaletchumi, 43, said one of the intruders also slapped her for being too slow to hand over her gems.

She said she had just returned home after ferrying several children to their homes when four men ambushed her outside her house on Deepavali day. Three of them forced her into the house while one stood guard outside.
Her husband, Lobak MIC branch chairman R. Thanabalan, 49, a driver with the Welfare Department here, was not at home. Vijayaletchumi said the three men whipped out knives and forced her into the bathroom.

“I had to give everything away as they threatened to harm me if I refused,” she said, adding that the men ransacked her house before escaping on two motorcycles. “I don’t normally put on my jewellery but did so for Deepa-vali. “Now I have lost everything,” she sobbed, describing the robbers as being in their 20s to late 30s. She later lodged a police report with her husband at the Seremban 2 police station.