• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why you should be eating more blueberries

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i make my own schmear blending whipped cream cheese with fresh blueberries for my homemade bagels every monday. schiok!

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can u tell me what is Kumbucha,? Recently I see many fancy drinks with this word kumbucha? Sounds like Cambodia

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Blackberries vs. Blueberries
Blackberries

Blueberries

DiffenFoodFruits and Vegetables
Blackberries are summer fruits with a distinct purple-black color. Blueberries are indigo-colored summer fruits and taste sweet when ripe. While blackberries aid in digestion and slow the growth of tumors, blueberries are a great source of antioxidants which help fight Alzheimer's and improve cardiovascular health.
Comparison chart
Blackberries versus Blueberries comparison chart
Edit this comparison chart BlackberriesBlueberries
  • current rating is 4.07/5
(56 ratings)
  • current rating is 4.06/5
(67 ratings)
Blackberries Blueberries
ColorPurple-blackIndigo
SeasonMid-summerMay-August
UsesPies, muffins, jams and preservesPies, muffins, jams, cereal
Health benefitsGood for digestion, colds, fighting cancer and lowering cholesterol.Good for digestion and cardiovascular health. Increase memory, decrease symptoms of depression and Alzheimer’s disease. Lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
Calories in 100g4357
A home made berries fruit tart
magnify

A home made berries fruit tart
Traits
Ripe blackberries have a purple-black color and a taste that can range from tart to sweet. They ripen in mid-summer in the US.
Blueberries are indigo colored and taste sweet when ripe. They ripen between May and August in the US.
Nutrition
100g of blackberries contain 43 calories, 10g of carbohydrates, 5g of fiber, 5g of sugar and 1g of protein.
100g of blueberries contain 57 calories, 1mg of sodium 14g of carbohydrates, 2g of fiber, 10g of sugar and 1g of protein.
Health Benefits
Blackberries contain fiber that helps digestion. They also contain ellagic acid, which has been shown to slow the growth of malignant tumors. They also lower cholesterol, can help fight off colds and gout and promote cardiovascular health.
A chocolate cake topped with berries
magnify

A chocolate cake topped with berries

The antioxidants in blueberries can help fight off Alzheimer’s diseases and sow the degenerative process. They have been shown to increase memory and decrease the symptoms of depression. They also have benefits for cardiovascular health and can decrease blood pressure and cholesterol levels. They can decrease cancer risk, promote the health of the urinary tract and improve digestion.
Recipes
Popular blackberry recipes include blackberry pies, muffins, and jams. They can be combined with other fruit, such as apples.
Blueberries can be used in jellies, jams, pies, muffins and cereals.
Due to it's health benefits, berries are also a popular choice for snacks and several other gourmet food.
References

Hanslesley73

Alfrescian
Loyal
Advice from Indian doctor ?
Yeah, doctorates and degrees can be bought there for $120sgd. After working in India and Dubai, I will never trust anyone with the title dr from India(unless they have graduated from a prestigious university overseas). Their culture and sense of decency there is different from the rest of the world. So many doctors, but some could not even name the 5 layers of skin(eg. Stratum germinativum, lucidum, etc).

Last edited: