• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Use 2007 Figures to Talk Cock?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>It pays to do econs at SMU
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><TR>Business grads from NUS also among top earners, survey shows </TR><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Jane Ng & Amelia Tan
</TD></TR><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
ST_IMAGES_HOMECOVER.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

SMU economics graduate Lau Sheng Zhi, 24, was offered a job at an American bank after she completed her four-month internship in October 2007. -- ST PHOTO: MUGILAN RAJASEGERAN
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->ARE you pondering what field of study to take up at university?
If you qualify, picking economics at the Singapore Management University (SMU) or business at the National University of Singapore (NUS) would be worthy options.
<TABLE width=200 align=left valign="top"><TBODY><TR><TD class=padr8><!-- Vodcast --><!-- Background Story --><STYLE type=text/css> #related .quote {background-color:#E7F7FF; padding:8px;margin:0px 0px 5px 0px;} #related .quote .headline {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px;font-weight:bold; border-bottom:3px double #007BFF; color:#036; text-transform:uppercase; padding-bottom:5px;} #related .quote .text {font-size:11px;color:#036;padding:5px 0px;} </STYLE>Courses with the top earners

SMU

1. Economics, cum laude and above: $4,164

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Those armed with such qualifications emerged as the top earners in the latest Graduate Employment Survey, which was published by the Ministry of Education for the first time.
SMU economics graduates with cum laude and higher qualifications landed average monthly salaries of $4,164, a shade above the $3,971 earned by NUS business administration honours graduates.
At Nanyang Technological University (NTU), those with chemical and biomolecular engineering degrees made the most, an average of $3,232 a month.
The results of the survey, which looked at those who graduated last year and landed a job within six months, were released yesterday. In the past, the three universities did their own surveys and released results separately, but the different benchmarks they used confused some students.
Explaining the change, the MOE said yesterday that it was made so that students could make informed course decisions. Said a spokesman: 'The data gives prospective students a general indication of the employment conditions of the graduates from the various degree courses offered by our local universities.
'We understand employment conditions may have changed since, but we hope that the data may still be useful as one point of reference for the students.'
The latest figures threw up one surprise: Those who picked teaching as a career emerged among the top earners.
Those who received Arts (with Education) qualifications from the National Institute of Education made an average of $3,207 a month.
Engineering graduates, too, did well.
Those from NUS made between $2,864 (environmental engineering) and $3,448 (computer engineering from its School of Computing), while those from NTU earned between $2,891 (environmental engineering) and $3,232 (chemical and biomolecular engineering).
These figures may prompt more interest in the field, which has struggled to attract students.
Enrolment in courses such as mechanical and electrical engineering has plunged in popularity in the last decade as undergrads moved towards 'softer' options such as business.
In recent years, attempts have been made to increase interest in engineering by introducing new areas such as aerospace engineering, but interest has still flagged despite the relatively high starting salaries for graduates.
Of the three universities, only SMU was able to provide overall average monthly salaries for its graduates across all courses: The figure was $3,170, up from $3,040 in 2007.
Overall, employment rates were also positive, and were little affected by the financial crisis, which began biting last September.
At SMU, eight in 10 graduates secured job offers either before graduation or within a month of graduation.
At NUS, information systems students from the school of computing as well as dentistry students saw a 100 per cent employment rate, as did maritime studies students from NTU, and SMU information systems students with cum laude and higher qualifications.
However, human resource and wage consultants interviewed warned that the picture will not be as rosy for those about to graduate over the next few months, and they should not expect the same kind of pay and employment prospects as their seniors.
Human resource consultancy GMP Group's senior manager Josh Goh said many firms are already slashing new hires' pay by 5 per cent to 15 per cent. He expects further cuts if the recession deepens.
Singapore Human Resources Institute executive director David Ang said it will be tougher for fresh graduates to get employed as they will also be competing with recently retrenched workers for jobs.
'My advice to students is to be open to jobs which they were not specifically trained for. You can learn on the job too.'
The full employment survey can be found at www.moe.gov.sg/education/ post-secondary/
[email protected] [email protected]

Courses with the top earners

SMU
1. Economics, cum laude and above: $4,164
2. Economics: $3,866
NTU
1. Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering: $3,232
2. Arts (with Education): $3,207
NUS
1. Business Administration (Honours): $3,971
2. Computer Engineering (from its School of Computing): $3,448.
Courses with 100 per cent overall employment rates
SMU

1. Economics
2. Information Systems Management, cum laude and above
NTU
1. Arts (with Education)
2. Science (with Education)
3. Maritime Studies
NUS
1.Information Systems
2 Dental Surgery
Based on mean salary earned each month
Overall employment rate includes full time, part-time and temporary employment.
SMU awards academic excellence according to the Latin categories: summa cum laude, magna cum laude and cum laude. These can be translated respectively as 'with highest distinction', 'with high distinction' and 'with distinction'.

Freakout

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really talk cock..... I am an SMU grad myself....that pay is nothing like anyone of my friends are getting.... paint so rosy picture for fuck....:oIo:

CENWEN

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really talk cock..... I am an SMU grad myself....that pay is nothing like anyone of my friends are getting.... paint so rosy picture for fuck....:oIo:

SMU grad? Well some prc cocksucker here doesn't like your kind & will tell u off :biggrin:

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=21677

Graduates so weak, need government subsidy, need protection, need this need that

Better change attitude lah, useless ah gua graduates

Come to my restaurant better make sure they have cash, seklai eat already no money pay

Last edited:

fallon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bullcrapping! You can't get that kind of wages at a time like this, who are they trying to fool? :mad: Some graduate friends i know are still jobless!

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
media n press only like to use 1 in a million stories to publish. at the same time, gahmen also like to use 1% of stats as hypothesis for entire nation. they say avg sinkie salary is $4k a month? i look around, i don't even know if $4k salary a mth can even form 1% of our working population or not.