• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why prohibit resell of F1 Ticket ?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just cant understand why people who has F1 ticket and wanted to resell is prohibited ?

True , there is law and acts to protect it. But is it morally un right ? Look, i bought the ticket with my own money. I wanted to resell it to others. Can i be blame for profiteering ? Ultimately, i am using my own money ad not tax payers money.

Why goverment kept wanting to clamp down on evevery single way when people just want to do a simple but purposeful business transaction ? Yes , they may be selling much more then the official price , but is there a problem ?

==========================================================
SINGAPORE: People fishing for a quick buck have cast their eyes on the latest happenings in town - the F1 race this weekend.

More than 300 tickets have been spotted for sale on popular auction websites such as Ebay just days before the race is flagged off this Sunday.

One listing is offering a three-day pit grandstand ticket for more than S$2,000.

That's some S$600 above the official price of S$1,400.

However, a large number of the tickets sold online are going for as much as 60 per cent below the official price.

But some have said that they would prefer to watch the race in the comfort of their own homes.

One respondent said: “I guess the only tickets worth buying will be the ones over the pitstop if I can afford it. If you get seats anywhere else even at the turn, you'd probably be seeing the cars for a couple of seconds and back to the screen anyway, so might as well watch from home.”

“I would prefer to stay at home, reason being that I can watch it in the comfort of my own home, and not squeeze with all the people as well as be in air-conditioned environment,” said another respondent.

Several of those who're selling their F1 tickets online stated in their postings that they're selling them because the tickets are gifts or simply because they're unable to make it.

But this is making Singapore GP frown. It said it has been monitoring these attempts to re-sell tickets.

The practice is prohibited. Under the official purchase terms and conditions, tickets may not be resold or transferred for free or otherwise.

Singapore GP has served legal notice on at least one website for reselling F1 tickets and are in the midst of gathering more evidence against several more. - 938LIVE/vm

ksterk

Alfrescian
Loyal
is this SGP F1 GP a Singapore Events? lolx. look @ the price tag..... is tt a gd price for locals? They just ask Local to stay home n watch it on TV

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
now the visitors to F1 realize they been con into buying tickets 100 percent above market rate. This ironically make them closer to most singaporeans who con into doing NS for nothing.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is this SGP F1 GP a Singapore Events? lolx. look @ the price tag..... is tt a gd price for locals? They just ask Local to stay home n watch it on TV

I am FORCED to pay TV Licence, & my TV is used for watching movies, I do not even watch the "FREE" TV Channels, not even cable here, all junk!:mad:

Z

Zombie

I just cant understand why people who has F1 ticket and wanted to resell is prohibited ?

They could be afraid that the same things that happened in Beijing Olympics, will happen here.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal

True , there is law and acts to protect it. But is it morally un right ? Look, i bought the ticket with my own money. I wanted to resell it to others. Can i be blame for profiteering ? Ultimately, i am using my own money ad not tax payers money.
Why goverment kept wanting to clamp down on evevery single way when people just want to do a simple but purposeful business transaction ? Yes , they may be selling much more then the official price , but is there a problem ?

Oh so you're the one who's contributing to the inflated "success" of the F1. If everyone is like you, the actual turn up may be only 50%. Did you know that because of you, many shops are suffering now and the future because of the road closures. With almost all tickets sold and i suspect people like you hoarding the ticket and hoping to make a windfall, it gave the gahmen a false sense of success and this will result in another F1 race again next year instead of withdrawing from the event?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh so you're the one who's contributing to the inflated "success" of the F1. If everyone is like you, the actual turn up may be only 50%. Did you know that because of you, many shops are suffering now and the future because of the road closures. With almost all tickets sold and i suspect people like you hoarding the ticket and hoping to make a windfall, it gave the gahmen a false sense of success and this will result in another F1 race again next year instead of withdrawing from the event?
Shops are already suffering ! F1 just intensify the pain that all.

Will take another 2 to 3 yrs to guage !

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shops are already suffering ! F1 just intensify the pain that all.

Will take another 2 to 3 yrs to guage !

Why do you want to add on to their burden?

With poor sales, they will now start to look for cheaper alternative as sales assistants - meaning more FTs employed while Sporeans will be out of job. Now even the Sporeans will suffer from your actions.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poor sales will generate into closure of shops. Lower rental and all this greedy GLC bastard will bear the brunt. Lower elecrricty tariff ! it not all about wages ! Rental is the killer ......

Worse come to worse , one man show man and hire someone on part time basis ! It cheaper then employing all this cheap labour.

If economy fails , can we bring in CHEAPER FORIEN TALENT minister to run the country ?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just cant understand why people who has F1 ticket and wanted to resell is prohibited ?...

of course cannot let u resell la ...

u resell, evrybody else oso resell ... who gonna buy their tickets? ... lidat dey rugi jialat, jialat leh ...

dun resell la ... hope dey can make a bundle ... so dey wun up gst, erp gantries so soon la ...

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have been watching F1 for years. i got sick with that. sometime, i will also see F2, F3. if i m too tired, i will do Alt F4 to shut down my computer....

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
NDP tickets also cannot sell! Stupid fucking PAP's law!!:mad:

now the visitors to F1 realize they been con into buying tickets 100 percent above market rate. This ironically make them closer to most singaporeans who con into doing NS for nothing.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
NDP tickets also cannot sell! Stupid fucking PAP's law!!:mad:

That's the irony of this country; the PAP law can screw you but not the other way round. There is no such thing as a free market here; every damn thing is controlled with this and that.

You can buy and sell duty in camp , but you can't sell a NDP ticket when it is given free by MIW. Guess the last few years, people made money selling NDP tickets .

It is very obvious PAP likes to play monopoly and hates competition.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I put this as simple as possible: you cannot really stop a black market from forming when it comes to entertainment events, such as concerts, F1 etc.

This is because the market itself is inefficient especially with price controls. And as long as there's demand for tickets with little supply, there will be some who pay above their noses to get in.

And besides if they ban, do you know how many people they will have to charge? I doubt our jails have enough space for them. In short, its ridiculous.