• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why no penalty for errant civil servants

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Why no penalty for errant civil servants</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>4:35 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 2) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>17056.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>July 16, 2009
CIVIL SERVICE LAPSES
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : start --></TD></TR><TR><TD>Specify penalties being imposed
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->AS A TAXPAYER, I am disappointed to learn from yesterday's report, 'Civil servants rapped for sloppiness', that public money is being wasted yet again.
What penalties will the errant civil servants face? No amount of fine-tuning processes or training will prevent future lapses if there are no penalties to serve as effective deterrents.
I also hope that the relevant agencies will be transparent and specify the penalties that will be imposed and the new measures in place through their websites or the media.
I am curious to know if civil servants in the agencies identified with the lapses had detected such mistakes earlier, but did not report the matter for fear of contravening the Official Secrets Act or being looked upon negatively by their superiors.
The Ministry of Defence, which was one of the government agencies named in yesterday's report, routinely replies that its personnel and servicemen are not allowed to reveal its practices to the public due to the sensitivity of military information.
Is it possible that were it not for the Auditor-General's report, such lapses would remain undetected?
I hope the answers are forthcoming from the Government.
Doris Ong (Ms)

[email protected]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
When Kitchen Help Tan boasted that he can idle as a french kitchen help thanks to generous pay cheque, he was rightfully lambasted.

His political masters merely label him as a idiot for disclosing his fat cat pay and silly indulgences.

His pals and chums were quick to defend him by saying high ranking officials should not live like paupers.

Only in Peasantpore where officials watch each others arses and ensure peasants pay their taxes and compete with cheaper foreign talents.

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
When Imperial Uncle WKS allowed MAS to run amok for 4 hours before declaring his escape, he was still able to parade his LL face in Parliament and retain his pay, prestige and ministerial post because of his common-law relationship with the Imperial Family.

WKS, not understanding the meaning of shame wasted money on silly software designed to tell stupid poodles where Mas could be hiding in Peasantpore while many peasants knew Mas probably swam to JB.

This is another case where incmpetence was tolerated due to common-law relationships.

Woe woe woe Peasantpore.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Why no penalty for errant civil servants</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>4:35 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 2) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>17056.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>July 16, 2009
CIVIL SERVICE LAPSES
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : start --></TD></TR><TR><TD>Specify penalties being imposed
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->AS A TAXPAYER, I am disappointed to learn from yesterday's report, 'Civil servants rapped for sloppiness', that public money is being wasted yet again.
What penalties will the errant civil servants face? No amount of fine-tuning processes or training will prevent future lapses if there are no penalties to serve as effective deterrents.
I also hope that the relevant agencies will be transparent and specify the penalties that will be imposed and the new measures in place through their websites or the media.
I am curious to know if civil servants in the agencies identified with the lapses had detected such mistakes earlier, but did not report the matter for fear of contravening the Official Secrets Act or being looked upon negatively by their superiors.
The Ministry of Defence, which was one of the government agencies named in yesterday's report, routinely replies that its personnel and servicemen are not allowed to reveal its practices to the public due to the sensitivity of military information.
Is it possible that were it not for the Auditor-General's report, such lapses would remain undetected?
I hope the answers are forthcoming from the Government.
Doris Ong (Ms)

[email protected]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MUTTLEY.gif
Hehehe....Sinkaporeans kao peh but i still collect my fat pay cheque every month. :p

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
U all must be joking right ? The ex-Tiumasek CEO who lost 270 billions of taxpayers' money was not fined or jailed but was commended ! So u expect the ikan bilis civil servants to be punished ? As long as u are from the LEE MAFIA Family,u are safe and sound,nobody can touch u !

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
The civil servants are just digits.If they're not up there, removing them should be of no issue. Sack them!!!

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
This bunch of scum ought to be shot and buried for good. Meritocracy that used to be practise is long dead. Plus 154th media keep singing praises, covering up and blowing trumpet for them, no wonder they are getting sloppy.

I say show them the door and make them wake up this coming election. Knock some senses onto them! :oIo:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U all must be joking right ? The ex-Tiumasek CEO who lost 270 billions of taxpayers' money was not fined or jailed but was commended ! So u expect the ikan bilis civil servants to be punished ? As long as u are from the LEE MAFIA Family,u are safe and sound,nobody can touch u !
actually ... me expect dem 2 make sum ikan bilises in2 scapegoats ... while ze gr8er mortals r, well, immortals ...

remember wat happened 2 mas selamat case ...

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
edb used to occupy 1 whole floor of a block in biopolis. when they shifted edb to fusionopolis 1 year ago, they left all their office furniture, chairs (including boardroom chairs), sofas, etc etc to to new tenants.

basically they move only their files and pcs, all other stuff are left behind. mind u edb uses expensive stuff and they are all still quite new..

how foots the bill:confused:

:oIo: :oIo: