• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why no more Borders book store in singapore?

whistling

Stupidman
Loyal
my step grandpa always bring me there when i was a young boy last time and last night i dreamt i was there at borders wheelock place....then i got lost and couldn't find my grandpa ... then walk and walk then start to gancheong and tears started to roll out of my eyes and i woke up....

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Borders bookstore closed,MPH bookstore closed.U can go to Popular bookstore at bras basah n Kinokuniya bookstore at Takashima shopping centre.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe they are afraid of this group:

1722567434227.png

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Borders bookstore closed,MPH bookstore closed.U can go to Popular bookstore at bras basah n Kinokuniya bookstore at Takashima shopping centre.
Soon, the only bookstores left in SG will be those selling school textbooks, assessment books and stationery. The rest will be out of business.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
borders is a failed business model. high rental (at wheelock), if I don't recall wrongly, only sell english books? and for the longest time, no online presence.
but the straw that broke the camel back, prevalence of mobile devices - people either migrate to reading online or online contents -no one now has patience to read a book. Information are now acquired in bite sized, on the go.

the number of printed books aficionado is shrinking. I believe kinokuniya is also struggling surviving only because of Japanese community...I still see many of them reading paper backs.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most people go there to browse and same time browsing chiobu and not to buy. When they make it too cosy is non beneficial to themselves.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
borders is a failed business model. high rental (at wheelock), if I don't recall wrongly, only sell english books? and for the longest time, no online presence.
but the straw that broke the camel back, prevalence of mobile devices - people either migrate to reading online or online contents -no one now has patience to read a book. Information are now acquired in bite sized, on the go.

the number of printed books aficionado is shrinking. I believe kinokuniya is also struggling surviving only because of Japanese community...I still see many of them reading paper backs.

The kindle version is delivered in minutes and it's often considerably cheaper. I can preview a portion of the content before making a purchase. Once I've made up my mind it takes just one click an I'm done.

If I want to sit in a cafe and read a book I just load the content on to my iPad and I can have the "Border" experience just about anywhere. :smile:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why still people bothers about borders ?It so old school and it's out of ttime.
Those who knew borders must be quite old. It closes down on 2011

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why still people bothers about borders ?It so old school and it's out of ttime. Those who knew borders must be quite old. It closes down on 2011
S'poreans should lament that there are no bookstores selling magazines like Playboy, Penthouse, Hustler etc. in our country. LOL!

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The kindle version is delivered in minutes and it's often considerably cheaper. I can preview a portion of the content before making a purchase. Once I've made up my mind it takes just one click an I'm done.

If I want to sit in a cafe and read a book I just load the content on to my iPad and I can have the "Border" experience just about anywhere. :smile:
I need a physical book. The online versions feel different.