• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why is other man sharing my IC no? (Another Screw up!!)

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lao!!! Like this also can!!! What is happening in Singapore?:eek:

EVERY Singaporean is unique, and they are identified not only through their fingerprint, but also through their identity card number.

It is impossible for two Singaporeans to have the same number, insists the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA). Each person's NRIC number is unique, said an ICA spokesman, and will not be recycled even when the holder dies.

Yet that is what happened to property agent Aravindasan Marx Dhasan, 42, in what could be the first such case in Singapore.

He discovered that someone else shared the same NRIC number when he applied to be a company officer online.

This was in January, when a friend asked him to be a director in a company he was setting up.

Mr Dhasan, a former Indian national who became a Singapore citizen in 2004, was shocked when he saw that his NRIC number was shown to belong to another man, Mr Seow Keow Ngoh.

The second surprise: Mr Seow's address was the same as Mr Dhasan's current address in Sengkang.

Mr Dhasan said he bought his unit from its first owner, Mr Danny Foo, in 2004 and has lived there since.

He first came to Singapore in 2000 and became a Singapore permanent resident soon after.

Mr Dhasan said he has never lost his Singapore NRIC and has never seen or heard of Mr Seow. He said: 'My wife was shocked when I told her the news. She advised me to lodge a police report, but I decided to tell the press first.'

He called The New Paper, which helped him lodge a police report on 2 Apr and clarify the matter.

A check with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (Acra) showed that Mr Seow was a partner in a wood products firm, Inmar Wood Products Industries, near Potong Pasir.

The records showed Mr Seow stopped being a partner on 17 Feb 1989, although he was still one of Inmar's owners.

And yes, Mr Seow's address and NRIC number in the Acra records were the same as Mr Dhasan's.

The records also showed that Mr Seow had changed his address to the Sengkang one in 2005, a year after Mr Dhasan moved into his flat.

Said Mr Dhasan: 'I did more searches and found out that Mr Seow had another NRIC number, as well as an address at North Bridge Road. But when I went there, I found that nobody by that name lived at that unit.'

He was worried that someone may have stolen his identity. (See report above right.)

When The New Paper visited Mr Seow's North Bridge Road address, nobody answered the door.

Mystery solved

The puzzle was finally solved when an Acra spokesman told Mr Dhasan that in 1986, when Mr Seow was registering Inmar, he wrongly entered his date of birth, 27 Jul 1941, as his NRIC number in Acra's then manual records.

When online filing was later introduced, that number was converted to Mr Dhasan's NRIC number, and the address record was subsequently updated with Mr Dhasan's address tagged to his NRIC number.

The spokesman said Acra has rectified the matter and Mr Dhasan can now register a new business using his NRIC number.

She said their business registration is now electronic, with verification checks in place to ensure that a valid NRIC number is entered, and prompts for correction if an error occurs.

Acra has also informed Mr Dhasan in writing of the error.

On 6 Apr, an Acra report showed Mr Seow's correct NRIC number and his North Bridge Road address.

Mr Dhasan said: 'I am glad that Acra rectified their mistake, but I am still upset. Because of this mix-up, I lost a good business opportunity.'

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,201780,00.html

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just ICA's rotten luck

Of all the NRIC numbers to screw up in the world, they messed up an Ah Neh FT's who will complain and kick up a big drama show

tiulehloumoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
ha ha that idiot think he is smart by going to the press...

When every things don't go fine along the way he want to do....then he will no know how stupid he is to play smart.... .... just like lots of asshole over here.....kena assed left right centre and back......

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
NP_NEWS_1_CURRENT_AJNRIC12-JYW.jpg

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
ha ha that idiot think he is smart by going to the press...

When every things don't go fine along the way he want to do....then he will no know how stupid he is to play smart.... .... just like lots of asshole over here.....kena assed left right centre and back......

Yeah, like you being assed around by plenty of your 'fans' here?!

:oIo: :oIo: :oIo:

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
ha ha ha...... royston cheng aka royston46 aka Vendetta.... change nick becos kena assed hard by the tiu variant......now who kena assed......:rolleyes:

Hahahahahaha! I have better things to do than to play around with you!

Bye bye! Si ki na!

Suck harder for your Boss har, wait no bonus for you!

I go out for coffee session liao with my galfriends!

:oIo:

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha ha chabou now with folded tail behind ass....... should not have join in when cannot take the assing from the tiu variants .......

Carefool not to choke with your coffee......or I get to screw your girlfrends............he he he.....

So now elevated to forum king liao hor! mudskipper, lancheowman and lnchwmn3 of asiaone.com forum fame! Yah, yah you are the untouchable... nobody else in this forum will dare mess with you! Your blowjobs on the Jew Bastard Leongsam must be first rate!:biggrin:

tiuroyston46asshole

Alfrescian
Loyal
So now elevated to forum king liao hor! mudskipper, lancheowman and lnchwmn3 of asiaone.com forum fame! Yah, yah you are the untouchable... nobody else in this forum will dare mess with you! Your blowjobs on the Jew Bastard Leongsam must be first rate!:biggrin:

ha ha ha royston cheng charbou ....now anyother asshole join in......envy is it......don't hide in another nick lah.......:rolleyes:

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lao!!! Like this also can!!! What is happening in Singapore?:eek:

Not surprising, guess ICA is only telling half truth to the public. When I was serving my reservist I came across a reservist booklet with the SAME NRIC number as mine except the reference alphabet.

If that is not screw up , I don't know what is. :eek: