• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why is Backside Teo Smiling So Greedily? He Huat Or What?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>DPM Teo outlines his focus
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><TR>Help Govt stay connected to the ground; secondly, strengthen foreign ties </TR><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Goh Chin Lian, Senior Political Correspondent
</TD></TR><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
Teo-ST.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Mr Teo addressed a range of questions, including those about his new position as DPM from April 1. He will continue to be Defence Minister and Minister in charge of the civil service. -- ST PHOTO: DESMOND WEE
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->SINGAPORE'S newly appointed Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean hopes to help the Prime Minister in two areas that deserve attention in these tough economic crisis.
The first will be to make sure that the Government remains connected to the ground, so that it 'understands what the concerns of the people are, and addresses their needs'.
<TABLE width=200 align=left valign="top"><TBODY><TR><TD class=padr8><!-- Vodcast --><!-- Background Story --><STYLE type=text/css> #related .quote {background-color:#E7F7FF; padding:8px;margin:0px 0px 5px 0px;} #related .quote .headline {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px;font-weight:bold; border-bottom:3px double #007BFF; color:#036; text-transform:uppercase; padding-bottom:5px;} #related .quote .text {font-size:11px;color:#036;padding:5px 0px;} </STYLE>ZAINUL'S LEGACY AS MAYOR
'As a Mayor, he has shown very good commitment especially to those who have been out of a job, those who are facing hardship and difficulty. He bonded very well and I think the legacy that he will leave behind in North East CDC would be a good legacy for Teo Ser Luck to build upon, to achieve even more for the CDC.

I'm very proud of what Mr Zainul has done. He leaves behind a legacy that we can all be proud of, not just as Malays but as Singaporeans.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>This also means ensuring that 'policies and programmes that we put in place are properly and well-executed, to help mitigate the effects of the economic crisis on our people'.
The second area is strengthening Singapore's ties with other countries.
He said: 'It's a very interconnected world; we have to strengthen and build new relations with countries all over the world.'
Mr Teo was speaking to reporters at Pasir Ris Elias Community Club last night, a day after PM Lee Hsien Loong announced new Cabinet appointments.
He addressed a range of questions, including those about his new position as DPM from April 1. He will continue to be Defence Minister and Minister in charge of the civil service.
He also spoke about political leadership renewal.
Noting that he was three years younger than PM Lee, Mr Teo, who is 54, said: 'It's very important that we continue with this process of leadership renewal. We need to bring in the next generation of leaders.'
He added: 'I would encourage any Singaporean who is able, committed, to come forward, step forward to work together for the good of Singapore and Singaporeans as a whole.'
A former President's Scholar and navy chief, Mr Teo entered politics in 1992 and was appointed to the front bench immediately.
He helmed the environment and education ministries prior to becoming Defence Minister.
He said: 'Working in the Ministry of Defence does involve a lot of convincing people that what they are doing is worthwhile, convincing them that they should be committed to Singapore, and that they should be looking at the larger good.
'In that respect, it's not so different from the other portfolios in politics, where it's consensus-building, convincing people that sometimes we have to take difficult decisions, it's for the good of the country, and eventually for the good of their families and for themselves as well.'
Mr Teo said he felt honoured when PM Lee informed him of his new appointment two weeks ago, but stressed that he would be working with other Cabinet ministers.
'I would like to thank the PM very much for his trust and confidence in me.
'In the Cabinet, we all work together as colleagues. It's a very collegial working style under the PM, and I look forward to continuing to work together with my colleagues to support the PM in every way that we can, particularly during this economic crisis.'
Mr Teo will be designated the Acting Prime Minister when PM Lee is away.
Asked about this responsibility, Mr Teo noted that when the PM travels from time to time, 'one of the ministers will act in his place'.
'But basically the PM is in charge and all of us are responsible. We will all continue to work together to support him in the best way that we can.'
Does his new appointment mean he is next in line to be PM?
Laughing, he replied: 'No, we all work together to support the PM as best as we can, and particularly during this period of economic crisis. That is the focus of all of us.'
The father of two added that while his schedule would be heavier, he was fortunate to have a supportive family.
'My wife and children understand all this, and have gotten used to what I do. We adjust our schedules around each other's,' he said.

=> So much 'sacrifice' ah?
[email protected]

061120_1.jpg

USB Powered Seat Warmer...