• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why insist on new passport just to update kid's photo?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Why insist on new passport just to update kid's photo?
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->MY WIFE and I got a biometric passport for our daughter in 2007, when she was two years old, as we were travelling overseas then. When we travelled again last year, an official at Changi Airport told us the photo in her passport would need to be updated as she had outgrown her look.
This year, when we checked with the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority, we were told that photo updating was not allowed and we would have to apply for a new passport.
All biometric passports are supposed to be valid for five years and our daughter's passport will not expire until 2012. Yet, because she has outgrown her look, which is to be expected in a growing child in the first five years, we are expected to pay another $80 for a new passport.
She is certain to outgrow her look again in the next few years. Are we expected to apply for a new passport for her�every two or three years? Alvin Chua

Wong_Kan_Seng.jpg

If I give u free passports, who will pay for multi-million dollar salary? *chey*