• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why go to gold coast auatralia when you got desaru

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Johor’s Desaru Coast named one of Time Magazine’s World’s Greatest Places of 2021​

Thursday, 22 Jul 2021 02:25 PM MYT
BY ARIF ZIKRI

Johor’s Desaru Coast has been named one of Time Magazine’s World’s Greatest Places of 2021. — Picture courtesy of Desaru Coast
Johor’s Desaru Coast has been named one of Time Magazine’s World’s Greatest Places of 2021. — Picture courtesy of Desaru Coast

Follow us on Instagram and subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates.

KUALA LUMPUR, July 22 — Johor’s Desaru Coast has been named one of Time Magazine’s World’s Greatest Places of 2021.

Marking its third edition of the list which comprises 100 of the magazine’s top destinations around the world, Desaru Coast is the only destination in Malaysia to make it on the list this year.
Time Magazine pays tribute with this year’s list to the people and businesses at the forefront of the industries that, amid extraordinary circumstances, have found ways to adapt, build and innovate.

ADVERTISING

According to the magazine, Desaru Coast offers the global audience a beach escape experience with their range of international hotels, golf-courses, and cruises through the Sedili Wetlands.

It also highlighted the upcoming opening of the Desaru Coast Ferry Terminal which will offer increased transit options for Singapore and Indonesia.
According to Desaru Coast Destination Resort’s Managing Director, Roslina Arbak, they were honoured to be recognised by a renowned publication and were proud to be representing both Johor and Malaysia.
“This is an outstanding achievement for a team only two years in operations, and after what has been and continues to be a challenging time for the industry.
“With this notable feather in our cap, we look forward to welcoming guests from all over the world once travel resumes,” Roslina said.
Nestled against 17 kilometres of pristine beachfront, Desaru Coast is also the home to world class hotels including Asia’s first, One and Only Desaru Coast, Anantara Desaru Coast Resort and Villas, The Westin Desaru Coast Resort and Hard Rock Hotel Desaru Coast.
Desaru Coast also has two world class golf courses and is home to the region’s largest adventure waterpark.
Other places that are in the Top 100 list also include the Portuguese town of Arouca (home to the world’s longest pedestrian suspension bridge) and the continent of Antarctica (it will experience a rare total solar eclipse in December).
To view the Time Magazine full list of the World’s Greatest Places of 2021, please click here.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fucking boring place. It's a great place to meet your mistress though. When I drove up there few years ago I was surprised to see young ATB hanging around there in the hotel

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are great beaches in Johor. But better be accompanied by some locals. I used to have a great time driving the Hilux belonging to a local Mat friend there and exploring the places together with him and few kakis.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Senor

At least they dont have
Chao Turtle Ceca
Really?
Malays are not the cry mother cry father type like sinkie chinese.

Mercedes-Benz Malaysia announces Sagree Sardien as its new president and CEO, replaces Claus Weidner

Mercedes-Benz Malaysia (MBM) has announced the appointment of Sagree Sardien as its new president and CEO. She replaces Claus Weidner, who has been in the post since 2015. Sardien, who assumed the role on June 1, has also been appointed as head of region, Mercedes-Benz Cars South-East Asia II.
Sardien has over 20 years of automotive experience, 13 of which have been with Daimler. She started her association with the brand as head of operations in South Africa for Daimler’s Fleet Management division. During her tenure, she held various leadership positions across the Daimler organisations in South Africa, in fleet operations, logistics, sales, product management and customer services.

Standard Chartered CEO, Abrar A. Anwar elected as Chairman of BMCC​

By
BusinessToday
-
August 27, 2020

Abrar A. Anwar, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Standard Chartered Malaysia has been elected as Chairman of the British Malaysian Chamber of Commerce Berhad (BMCC) effective Aug 25.
His appointment was decided upon following the 2nd BMCC’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) held at the Intercontinental Hotel Kuala Lumpur. Abrar succeeds Andrew Sill, Managing Director and Country Head of Commercial Banking, HSBC Malaysia who served as BMCC Chairman for the past five years,

Citi announces Usman Ahmed as new Citi Malaysia CEO​

Joyce Goh
/
theedgemarkets.com

December 09, 2020 10:00 am +08

1627003204996.png

-A
a.gif
+A

KUALA LUMPUR (Dec 9): Citi announced the appointment of Usman Ahmed as chief executive officer (CEO) of Citi Malaysia, effective Feb 1, 2021.
Usman is at present the Citi country officer and corporate bank head, Bahrain, and global head of Islamic banking and cluster head of Bahrain, Kuwait and Qatar.
In a statement today, Citi said Usman will be responsible for leading the country team and protecting the Malaysia franchise, leveraging Citi’s global strengths and further enhancing Citi’s position as a leading bank and employer of choice. He will also have oversight of the Citi Solutions Centers in Malaysia.
Usman will report directly to Amol Gupte, ASEAN head, Citi.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
I have a resort apt there which I bought for Rm175k during the boom times in 1995, back then the developer had even sought Jacky Chan and Anita Mui to help launch this big project and I thought it was a good idea with it's proximity via ferry that can transport vehicles at Changi ferry terminal in the 90s selling like hotcakes but unfortunately, many investors got burned including me. Even though it is in full operation now as a resort apt I have yet to receive a single cent from my investment except as an owner I can have a few free days stay which I did several times when it was completed in early 2001, the last time I was there was in Dec 2018 and this is what it looks like now. I tried selling it back to the white knight who takes over the development but can't do so for another 8yrs to lease them to recouped their revamp and renovations of the whole resort.

IMG-20210723-WA0000.jpg

Desaru is truly a great place for a short stay a much better option than driving to kuantan for a break, I really like driving to sungei ringgit a small town for excellent seafood and shopping which is half hour from my resort. I have to agree the whole tourism industry in desaru is very very badly managed which is a pity.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are great beaches in Johor. But better be accompanied by some locals. I used to have a great time driving the Hilux belonging to a local Mat friend there and exploring the places together with him and few kakis.
The reason why it's best to bring along a local there if you ever think of having an adventure in Johor or other parts of Malaysia is simple. One of the reasons is the encounters with the Matland cops there especially during roadblocks. The locals can talk their way out of trouble, the last thing you need is a bunch of burly moustachioed rogue cops harassing you for kopi money while you're out to have fun. Lucky for me it had been plain sailing while facing roadblocks there. The cops would ask, oh you from Singapore, you like come Johor jalan jalan? This one your Johor kawan kawan? No go massage at Blue Wave? LoL... Driving my friend's Hilux in a Tangkak rubber estate terrain is quite an experience that I'll never forget. There are some things you just unable to experience in concrete jungle Singapore.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a resort apt there which I bought for Rm175k during the boom times in 1995, back then the developer had even sought Jacky Chan and Anita Mui to help launch this big project and I thought it was a good idea with it's proximity via ferry that can transport vehicles at Changi ferry terminal in the 90s selling like hotcakes but unfortunately, many investors got burned including me. Even though it is in full operation now as a resort apt I have yet to receive a single cent from my investment except as an owner I can have a few free days stay which I did several times when it was completed in early 2001, the last time I was there was in Dec 2018 and this is what it looks like now. I tried selling it back to the white knight who takes over the development but can't do so for another 8yrs to lease them to recouped their revamp and renovations of the whole resort.

View attachment 117115

View attachment 117118
View attachment 117119
Desaru is truly a great place for a short stay a much better option than driving to kuantan for a break, I really like driving to sungei ringgit a small town for excellent seafood and shopping which is half hour from my resort. I have to agree the whole tourism industry in desaru is very very badly managed which is a pity.
As a regular visitor of Johor, actually at one point of time, I was tempted to buy a seaside property there like your apartment. Not for any future investment but just to treat it as a holiday home and to bring back the JB based Siam Bus there. LOL