• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why FTrash Allowed into CDC Job Fair?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And just look at their nos.!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>6,000 job-seekers throng career fair
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Shuli Sudderuddin
</TD></TR><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
front-jobs-hhy.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

The fair, held by the Central Singapore Community Development Council (CDC), had 600 positions offered by employers. -- ST PHOTO: HOW HWEE YOUNG
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->Some 120 people found jobs on the spot at a career fair in Ang Mo Kio yesterday.

The fair, held by the Central Singapore Community Development Council (CDC), had 600 positions offered by employers ranging from government agencies and retailers to those in the transportation and food and beverage industries.
<TABLE width=200 align=left valign="top"><TBODY><TR><TD class=padr8><!-- Vodcast --><!-- Background Story --><STYLE type=text/css> #related .quote {background-color:#E7F7FF; padding:8px;margin:0px 0px 5px 0px;} #related .quote .headline {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px;font-weight:bold; border-bottom:3px double #007BFF; color:#036; text-transform:uppercase; padding-bottom:5px;} #related .quote .text {font-size:11px;color:#036;padding:5px 0px;} </STYLE>Taking precautions 'It seems people are preparing themselves due to the bad economy and the best way to go in a recession is to get training, something we've always advocated.'
MS CHARLOTTE GEORGE, centre manager for the Central Singapore CDC, which held the fair

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>The eight-hour event also showcased opportunities for training.
Ms Charlotte George, centre manager for the CDC, had expected a turnout of 2,000 people but 6,090 showed up.
'It seems people are preparing themselves due to the bad economy and the best way to go in a recession is to get training, something we've always advocated,' she said.
In all, 60 per cent of the crowd were estimated to have made inquiries about training and skills upgrading.
Some 700 people attended job interviews. Apart from the 120 who were selected, a further 25 per cent of applicants were shortlisted for a second interview.
The worsening economy was on the minds of the majority of people The Sunday Times spoke to.
Ms Jane Lim, 56, sells vintage clothes online but has seen business slow down recently.
'I thought it would be good for me to have a secure job with a steady income,' said Ms Lim, who was eyeing an administrative job at the Land Transport Authority.
Mr Muhammed Taha, 25, has just resigned as a technician with a food and beverage firm because of pay. 'I want to find a job that will pay me more and then I plan to stick with it,' he said.
Employers were happy with the response yesterday. Said Ms Didi Yip, assistant front office manager for Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill: 'Now it feels like job-seekers are much more willing to take anything offered. They even don't mind working part-time as long as they can get a job.' The hotel is looking for kitchen helpers, wait staff and front-office executives.
One job-seeker got just the position she was looking for. Ms Ria Nur, 19, will start work as a sales assistant at shoe and accessory chain Charles & Keith on Tuesday.
She said: 'I was worried because I would have been in financial difficulty if I didn't get the job...I would like to keep it for a few years at least.' Are you worried about your job security? Have your say at straitstimes.com

retrench.jpg

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are alot of jobs at the shipyards and taxi companies. How come nobody apply there?? Are we too pampered and soft ??

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many jobless FT in Singapore are very thick-skin, even if you tell them only PR or Singaporean can apply they also anyhow humtum like tikum tikum to try luck. This is what I heard from a few HR managers in Singapore.

Summerbee

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are alot of jobs at the shipyards and taxi companies. How come nobody apply there?? Are we too pampered and soft ??

Taxi drivers can only be Singaporeans. Like civil service, it is a job that is not opened to foreigners and PRs. Interestingly, you can also used our taxi services to benchmark the performance of Singapore without foreigners.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr></tr><tr><td class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colspan="2">
</td></tr><!-- show image if available --><tr valign="bottom"><td width="330">
front-jobs-hhy.jpg

</td><td width="10">
c.gif
</td><td valign="bottom">
c.gif

</td></tr></tbody></table>

i can tell u 5500 look see look see onli... same like window shopping... :rolleyes: