• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Even for NDP, FTrash Gets Priority Over Citizens???

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Home > ST Forum > Story
</TR>
<TR>Aug 12, 2009
NDP: APPEAL TO GOVERNMENT
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Ensure all get chance to attend
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->THE National Day Parade (NDP) is a time for us to reaffirm how proud we are to be Singaporeans.
This year's NDP did a great job of encouraging everyone to say the Pledge at 8.22pm, which my family did at home. However, nothing compares with attending the parade in person and joining tens of thousands of fellow Singaporeans as we proclaim our unity together.
The last time I attended a parade was more than 20 years ago, as a teenager, with my father and brother, and it left a vivid impression on me.
Sadly, my two children, a 10-year-old and six-year-old, cannot appreciate the depth of emotion I feel. Watching the parade on TV at home has become more a night of feasting on fast food than a precious time of revelling in our achievements and recommitting ourselves to the nation. I attribute it to my children not having attended an NDP.
Nothing inspires the conviction and pride that we have achieved 'happiness, prosperity and progress for our nation' more than watching the magnificent fireworks exploding just above our heads.
For the past few years, I have been hoping for a chance to get parade tickets via balloting. Can the authorities work out a system such that every eligible family or person gets a chance to attend the parade, instead of giving out tickets via balloting?
This way, I am certain that sooner or later, we would get a chance to attend the parade as a family instead of relying on 'luck' year after year.
Elina Teng (Ms)

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where does it mention foreigners? Thought only citizens could apply the balloting system. Though "citizens" included new citizens.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
spaceball.gif