• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Do Young Mats Wear Sport Caps In An Odd Manner

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see lots of young mats wearing sport caps on their head in public...but what i find curious is the manner in which they wear the caps...i.e. by placing the cap at the very top of the crown of the head instead of pulling down the cap in the normal usual manner...to me this looks odd, funny and even a tad stupid...anyone know how and where this so called style of young Mat fashion originated from?

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe their head are shaped like this

mv5bmtm3ndg1mtkzml5bml5.jpg

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yo, bro!:biggrin:

Young Mats just like to have fun and be fashionable. It's their style of expression, always copied, not original. They think it's cool! Relac lah!Blame it on the West!:biggrin:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
What u expect from those mats who play guitars at void decks and enjoy attention?

bella

Alfrescian
Loyal
you guys are really odd. why do you care - its a fashion to them or maybe they feel comfortable that way. does it affect you in any way.
why dont you comment on those chinese teens who wear their jeans or pants so low that you see most of their underwear .. that's more obscene than wearing a hat

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I see lots of young mats wearing sport caps on their head in public...but what i find curious is the manner in which they wear the caps...i.e. by placing the cap at the very top of the crown of the head instead of pulling down the cap in the normal usual manner...to me this looks odd, funny and even a tad stupid...anyone know how and where this so called style of young Mat fashion originated from?

hi there

1. no offence.
2. where have you been?
3. many mats have been wearing caps that way a very long time back.
4. it is just some personal preference, nothing odd about that.
5. if you are observant enough to see ah tiongs "hanging" a bunch of keys from their waistbelt; that's "style" in chnland.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey if you found my post offensive i apologise...not my intention to 'target' Mats...just making a personal observation and wondering why these young Mats wear their sports caps in such a manner and style:wink:

Peace:smile:
you guys are really odd. why do you care - its a fashion to them or maybe they feel comfortable that way. does it affect you in any way.
why dont you comment on those chinese teens who wear their jeans or pants so low that you see most of their underwear .. that's more obscene than wearing a hat

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
tks for the reply...but that still does not answer my query as to why?...is this copied from the blacks in the States like when they use to roll one side of the long trousers up to the knee or is this something totally original from the Mat youths?

as for the ah tiongs, yes i have noticed that...also the hairstyle and tattoos
hi there

1. no offence.
2. where have you been?
3. many mats have been wearing caps that way a very long time back.
4. it is just some personal preference, nothing odd about that.
5. if you are observant enough to see ah tiongs "hanging" a bunch of keys from their waistbelt; that's "style" in chnland.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
American rednecks wear their snap-back caps this way

Redneck fashion was quite popular in the 90s - sleeveless flannels, pipe jeans, Nascar accessories etc