• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why do people go to church........

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was at parkway parade this evening when walk past a church, believe it was the fcbc, when there was lots of people coming out from there, guess it's evening service.

Many years back have attended some church services.....seems pretty routine, singing praises, talk by pastor, singing praises, talk by another pastor, sing praises again....donation bag comes out....singing praises again, say prayers......end of services.

Come again next week......

Does church goers every week need affirmations and reassurances?
Was wondering why?

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some do it because religion is part of their family weekly tradition. Others do it to gain prosperity from God the same way some Taoist pray for money from the God of Fortune.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was at parkway parade this evening when walk past a church, believe it was the fcbc, when there was lots of people coming out from there, guess it's evening service.

Many years back have attended some church services.....seems pretty routine, singing praises, talk by pastor, singing praises, talk by another pastor, sing praises again....donation bag comes out....singing praises again, say prayers......end of services.

Come again next week......

Does church goers every week need affirmations and reassurances?
Was wondering why?
actually, it's the church that need affirmation and re-assurance, not the church goers - that's why the donation bag makes its very regular appearance when the goers keep the faith :wink:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they are in need of an afterlife insurance and religious scam artists exploit the need with promises of everlasting life via tithed or paid membership. it's the best insurance scam ever devised as every dead member does not complain or asks for money back. :wink:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strange indeed. The gate to heaven is wide open once a man accepts Christ into his life. Churchgoing christians are but sheeple pretending to have a social life outside of work. :rolleyes:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
theres no opium theres no mauwie wowie in this country,thats why 70 percent retards on this island have to resort to arseligion to get their spiritual relief.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you want to know the truth?

Nothing but the truth.

Well .....

Go to the church.

If you hold on to my teaching, you are truly my disciple. Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.

One of the many reasons people go to church.

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? How are they to believe in him of whom they have not heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of Christ.

Again, one of the many reasons people go to church.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I go to church to pray for good health, safety, wealth. Church is also for socializing, networking and just chilling with like-minded friends. After the service, a group of us would go to a nice restaurant or to the country club for lunch. It makes my family and I feel more white.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Christians are the 2nd grade Buddhism.

Jesus preaching Sermons on the Mount (Matthew), and Luke- Sermons on the Plains, are based on Buddha Dharmapada scriptures.

Jesus was a Buddhist student turn monk.

I go to church to pray for good health, safety, wealth. Church is also for socializing, networking and just chilling with like-minded friends. After the service, a group of us would go to a nice restaurant or to the country club for lunch. It makes my family and I feel more white.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? How are they to believe in him of whom they have not heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of Christ.

Then PAP must be more powerful than Jesus Christ. 70% voted for PAP despite the dismal turnouts at PAP rallies.

Jesus Christ should learn a thing or two from PAP.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then PAP must be more powerful than Jesus Christ. 70% voted for PAP despite the dismal turnouts at PAP rallies.

Those 70% mostly foreign imported shits did not have to attend pappies rallies. They already pappies porlumpars the minutes given shitizenship.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

John, reverse psychology again!

Shows that you are not a real Christian and also not a real PAPPY!

Good job!

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ya, white on the outside but still shit on the inside ...:smile:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Actually no. UMNO is better, they have < 50% support and the matlanders like you and your ball-less parents still kwai kwai live under their rule!