• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why did ho chin lost billions?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. She found out ah loon is still in love with his ex.
2. She found out ah loon is gay
3. She is used as a patsy for old fart money laundering scheme.
4. She is used by CIA to destroy the LeeRegime.
5. She is just plain stupid?

Can you add to the top ten list?

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was a good deal.

Let's say if you can gamble with other peoples' money,

1)if win you get the credit, get a cut of the profit.
2)If lose, non of your business, can quit and say no regret, still get an award, no need to answer to anyone.

Will you do the same?

I would do the same, if only the money is from some filthy rich guys. But if the money are the peoples' hard earn money, I would definitely not gamble it, any losses will make me guilty forever.

But normally those who have conscience will never be able to get this chance to gamble in the 1st place, especially in this sinking land.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would do the same, if only the money is from some filthy rich guys. But if the money are the peoples' hard earn money, I would definitely not gamble it, any losses will make me guilty forever.

if u noe what the rich could do to you after you lost their monies, you wouldn't dare to do this..i can assure you....:biggrin:

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

7. She didn't follow God's investment principles

a. investing in something that you do not understand (see Proverbs 19:2)

b. using of a lot of debt (see Proverbs 22:7)

c. making hasty decisions (see Proverbs 21:5)

d. having a lack of biblical diversification (see Ecclesiastes 11:1, 2)

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was a good deal.
Let's say if you can gamble with other peoples' money,

1)if win you get the credit, get a cut of the profit.
2)If lose, non of your business, can quit and say no regret, still get an award, no need to answer to anyone.

Actually putting feelings and prejudices aside, Ho Ching as the wife of the PM is in a lose-lose-lose or no win-win-win situation.

As the wife of the PM, if she were to make billions, everyone will say that naturally she makes money because she is the wife of the PM, has first-hand advice and intimate information when she gets home and during bedtime chitchat. The billions that she had made, the money will not get to her - even as an employee because there is a cap in salary in govt linked company or ministerial post. May be she will just get a bigger Performance Bonus, but even then, there is a cap. So she is not seen as a capable in her own right, and not adequately rewarded.

If she were to lose a few millions, the public and tax-payers are unlikely to forgive her because with all the silver and goldern spoons that she is born to or married to, she cannot be seen to lose a cent of the country's reserve. She is the wife of the PM. What's the cost? The cost is the PM's credibility - through no fault of him actually, because on his own, he is doing just fine and his electorates adore him.

So what should she do? She should have quitted long long ago. Even if the country needs her brain, she should have worked for Temasek and get only $1 per month, or if she must be paid, the salary should go to some charitable organisations of her choice - like what her father-in-law used to do with the all money won through court cases. Her prestige and image would have improved and complemented that of the PM.

It is through no fault of her that she was the CEO of Temasek. Remember, it was Dhanabalan the DPM who suggested the post, even when LHL felt uncomfortable about it? I am sure she doesn't feel happy about losing the billions of hardearned money; neither would the PM.

Ho Ching could have been a Princess Masako - the talented Harvard-Oxford educated and Empress-in-waiting - who gave up what she likes for her husband, her country and her Japanese tradition and culture. Ho Ching could have been much beloved by every forummer in this anti-PAP forum. She could have been a legend. Even the most anti PAP guys would have added their votes to the husband.

So what to do now? Quitting Temasek was a good move - never mind what ever reasons - or excuses - Temasek or she may give. Not all Sporeans are unthinking people. She could be quietly by the side of the PM during his walkabout every Sunday, officiate functions like kindergarten graduation ceremony or baby show, be a patron of some children or women organisations - but keep a pole-distance of AWARE. She has a good model to emulate - her mother-in-law - capable but always quietly a strong force by the side of her husband.

Ho Ching would then be remembered by our future generations - not for losing billions of dollars of the people's savings - but as a smart, self-sacrificing wife of the PM.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
ho ching and by extension hubby LHL and daddy in law harry wanted to further entrench their political power and clout in the international arena (look at her standing in forbes list of most powerful women in the world)...it has nothing to do with ho ching's remuneration package with Temasek...daddy in law control GIC and ho ching controls Temasek...in effect all s'pore's reserves under the control of the familee...

under the circumstances, i have no pity nor sympathy for ho ching on her appointment at Temasek...the perceptions of conflict of interest alone were too great to ignore...Temasek probably would not have done too badly regardless of ho ching's involvement (she is hardly s'pore's saviour in the financial world)...so she should have declined the appointment full stop no two ways about it...

Actually putting feelings and prejudices aside, Ho Ching as the wife of the PM is in a lose-lose-lose or no win-win-win situation.

As the wife of the PM, if she were to make billions, everyone will say that naturally she makes money because she is the wife of the PM, has first-hand advice and intimate information when she gets home and during bedtime chitchat. The billions that she had made, the money will not get to her - even as an employee because there is a cap in salary in govt linked company or ministerial post. May be she will just get a bigger Performance Bonus, but even then, there is a cap. So she is not seen as a capable in her own right, and not adequately rewarded.

If she were to lose a few millions, the public and tax-payers are unlikely to forgive her because with all the silver and goldern spoons that she is born to or married to, she cannot be seen to lose a cent of the country's reserve. She is the wife of the PM. What's the cost? The cost is the PM's credibility - through no fault of him actually, because on his own, he is doing just fine and his electorates adore him.

So what should she do? She should have quitted long long ago. Even if the country needs her brain, she should have worked for Temasek and get only $1 per month, or if she must be paid, the salary should go to some charitable organisations of her choice - like what her father-in-law used to do with the all money won through court cases. Her prestige and image would have improved and complemented that of the PM.

It is through no fault of her that she was the CEO of Temasek. Remember, it was Dhanabalan the DPM who suggested the post, even when LHL felt uncomfortable about it? I am sure she doesn't feel happy about losing the billions of hardearned money; neither would the PM.

Ho Ching could have been a Princess Masako - the talented Harvard-Oxford educated and Empress-in-waiting - who gave up what she likes for her husband, her country and her Japanese tradition and culture. Ho Ching could have been much beloved by every forummer in this anti-PAP forum. She could have been a legend. Even the most anti PAP guys would have added their votes to the husband.

So what to do now? Quitting Temasek was a good move - never mind what ever reasons - or excuses - Temasek or she may give. Not all Sporeans are unthinking people. She could be quietly by the side of the PM during his walkabout every Sunday, officiate functions like kindergarten graduation ceremony or baby show, be a patron of some children or women organisations - but keep a pole-distance of AWARE. She has a good model to emulate - her mother-in-law - capable but always quietly a strong force by the side of her husband.

Ho Ching would then be remembered by our future generations - not for losing billions of dollars of the people's savings - but as a smart, self-sacrificing wife of the PM.

bluewolf

Alfrescian
Loyal

One, we don't really know how much she earns, or if there is any cap on that. Even if there is a cap, its in the millions of dollars.

Two, she didn't lose millions of dollars. She lost BILLIONS...

Three, yeah rite.... I'm sure Danabalan suggested the post. Come on, LHL is not going to come out and say "I suggested that my wife to head Temasek", right ? If LHL is uncomfortable, you think dana can make him do it ? LHL bigger or Dana bigger ?

Four, either you are excessively naive, or you belong to PAP.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal

When I said that "Not all Sporeans are unthinking people." - I would probably not include you in it!

It's like you saying if you see a girl who is not your sister, then she must be your grandmother!

There you see, some Sporeans are indeed unthinking people!

bluewolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I said that "Not all Sporeans are unthinking people." - I would probably not include you in it!

It's like you saying if you see a girl who is not your sister, then she must be your grandmother!

So I guess you are excessively naive then. You must be thinking real hard when you believe Ho Ching can be appointed even if LHL is uncomfortable with it.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Singapore leadership is a joke and those who think likewise are as well.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

By putting someone related to LEE family as top position of many GIC, that is a joke itself. And those who think like you as " since she is wife of PM, she is naturally able to make billions blah blah blah.." are same as those who follow rules to the core. YOu seems to think that sinkies are still ( or you) living in the kampong age.

Your mentality goes to a new low as if it is not low enough. And that seems to be those uneducated chink mentality.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Three, yeah rite.... I'm sure Danabalan suggested the post. Come on, LHL is not going to come out and say "I suggested that my wife to head Temasek", right ? If LHL is uncomfortable, you think dana can make him do it ? LHL bigger or Dana bigger ?

Wasn't there a slapping incident between LHL & Dhanabalan?

Maybe LHL had to do some convincing before Dhanabalan "suggested the post" :p

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
7. She didn't follow God's investment principles

a. investing in something that you do not understand (see Proverbs 19:2)

b. using of a lot of debt (see Proverbs 22:7)

c. making hasty decisions (see Proverbs 21:5)

d. having a lack of biblical diversification (see Ecclesiastes 11:1, 2)

She was answering to a different god...who keep telling him, er..her, that, we are in a long GOLDEN PERIOD. The money invested is a LOoNG term investment.

If sHE had listened to our Lord, our God, she would not have gone far LONG!:rolleyes: wrong!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ze billions hd escaped bcos ...

sg has a loong coastline ...

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal

How come you never consider an inside job.

Ho Ching (Temasek) sell to Ho Ching (own account).

Temasek's loss is Ho Ching's gain?

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you want to talk sense, that jinx should not be there even in the first place. Her track record did not meted out to justify this top post.

The one who choose her for the post got to be blame too. And we still not know who that farker was? The ex-Temasek CEO Dhanabalan ought to take blame too. But I guess he do not have a choice too.

But eventually what is not right will be written as right by this 154th media. The one behind the scene really think the whole world are idiot for him to fool? :oIo: