• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why can't Lim Boon Heng and Teo Ho Pin just say Yes?!

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just can't understand. Why are the garmen people keep going around in circles? Just say "Yes, we paid 8 months salary because .....". And move on. The more they go around in circles, the uglier it becomes. Singaporeans are not stupid, and we are also not unreasonable. Just tell us why that 2 person deserves 8 months bonus. If the bonus is justifiable, it is then case close.

Teo Ho Pin simply one kind, just throw the problem to PA. He is a mayor and yet unable to defend the salary and bonus of his staff? What kind of leadership is that? Teo Ho Pin doesn't deserve any respect.

We all know the salary of every minister and allowance MP. And yet Teo Ho Pin says that the salary and bonus of CDC staff is confidential. Why can't he come clean? What is there is hide? Transparency, hello?!

And Lim Boon Heng is going in circles with his talk. I think Singaporeans just want a simple answer: Did CDC really give 8 months bonus away? ( I believe everyone knows the answer by now). And how does CDC justify that kind of bonus payout?

Flexibility in rewarding staff

Mon, Mar 16, 2009
The Straits Times

MR LIM Boon Heng has defended the need for Community Development Councils (CDCs) to have flexibility in rewarding staff, pointing out that is how companies around the world operate.

'The fixed monthly pay is kept down and the bonuses vary according to performance,' said the Minister in the Prime Minister's Office on Monday after the launch of NTUC FairPrice's new 24-hour hypermarket in Jurong.

'This helps to motivate people to perform, because if a person does badly, he will not get the same high bonus. So this ensures that the reward system is fair and responsive to the needs of the organisation.'

LimBoonHeng01.jpg

n1555233691_5067.jpg

Last edited:

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mon, Mar 16, 2009
The Straits Times

MR LIM Boon Heng has defended the need for Community Development Councils (CDCs) to have flexibility in rewarding staff, pointing out that is how companies around the world operate.

Tell us which company is paying 8 months bonus now? Temasek? Capitaland? ST? SQ? CSM? NO COMPANY IS PAYING SO MUCH BONUS IN 2008!

'The fixed monthly pay is kept down and the bonuses vary according to performance,' said the Minister in the Prime Minister's Office on Monday after the launch of NTUC FairPrice's new 24-hour hypermarket in Jurong.

'This helps to motivate people to perform, because if a person does badly, he will not get the same high bonus. So this ensures that the reward system is fair and responsive to the needs of the organisation.'

I hope I am reading this correctly. "If a person DOES BADLY, he will not get the SAME HIGH BONUS". Is Lim Boon Heng implying that bad performers also get bonus? In the private sector, if a person does badly, HE WILL BE FIRED!

Last edited:

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was watching the news last night and surprised Nothing to do Minister LBH got to ask this. And his reply is also typical brainless. I wonder how the public can get him to answer properly.

Remember this, cast your vote the coming election!

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just can't understand. Why are the garmen people keep going around in circles? Just say "Yes, we paid 8 months salary because .....". And move on. The more they go around in circles, the uglier it becomes. Singaporeans are not stupid, and we are also not unreasonable. Just tell us why that 2 person deserves 8 months bonus. If the bonus is justifiable, it is then case close.

Teo Ho Pin simply one kind, just throw the problem to PA. He is a mayor and yet unable to defend the salary and bonus of his staff? What kind of leadership is that? Teo Ho Pin doesn't deserve any respect.

We all know the salary of every minister and allowance MP. And yet Teo Ho Pin says that the salary and bonus of CDC staff is confidential. Why can't he come clean? What is there is hide? Transparency, hello?!

And Lim Boon Heng is going in circles with his talk. I think Singaporeans just want a simple answer: Did CDC really give 8 months bonus away? ( I believe everyone knows the answer by now). And how does CDC justify that kind of bonus payout?

Mon, Mar 16, 2009
The Straits Times

LimBoonHeng01.jpg

n1555233691_5067.jpg

Commitment is the last thing on their mind because there are too much to lose should anything goes wrong. LHL is very scared that NKF thing happens on him, how is he going to face his father?:eek: