• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who wants to be a salesman? Not many

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Who wants to be a salesman? Not many
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to the letter, 'Sales jobs hold many important lessons', by Madam Koh Chern Peng (April 21).
I have been an agency manager for a major life insurer in Singapore since 2004, and one of my main duties is to recruit sales people.
During my recruitment experiences in the past few years, I have come across many candidates, and most of them have been young, fresh tertiary graduates.
Out of five interviews fixed by my secretary on a typical day, an average of three would not turn up. They gave reasons like not being able to wake up on time, forgetfulness, or worse, blamed the rainy weather.
Some candidates would not even bother to call back to cancel the appointment. Those who did turn up would usually be apprehensive about taking up a sales position, citing lack of interest. However, upon further probing, I realised that the real reason actually stemmed from a fear of sales targets. They were afraid of their inability to meet the required sales targets, which could result in loss of morale, esteem or 'face'.
I have been in this industry for seven years, after giving up a well-paying job to do something I really wanted to do - build my business without any capital outlay.
I worked hard to acquire new customers in my initial years, and have since worked doubly hard to service my customers. My recruitment duties were added on five years ago.
This 'sales' job allows me flexibility in managing my time. At the same time, it is financially rewarding. I have met people from all walks of life, blue and white collar alike, and have made many close friends in the process.
I have never taken my targets as something to fear, but as a challenge. I have not met my ultimate target every year due to personal or economic reasons. But I have not lost friends, morale or 'face'. Life goes on. I just strive to do better the following year.
A sales job can be very challenging with the short- and long-term targets thrown in. It can test one's ability and bring out latent potential. You never know how far you can get, and it can really surprise you when you surpass what you think you can achieve.
Travis Yeo

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you been there, done that...it is easier to critique the others.

If i swam across the pacific ocean...i can write that letter and
say everyone ish a weakling.

I can proudly say....every test is a challenge too.

Doesn't sounds convincing to me as a sales tactic.

:( :rolleyes: :(

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... I have never taken my targets as something to fear, but as a challenge. I have not met my ultimate target every year due to personal or economic reasons. But I have not lost friends, morale or 'face'. ...
ya ... it cud hv been worse ...

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
"young, fresh tertiary graduates"

hahaha, that explains everything

they are totally useless, can't do this, can't do that

lots of attitude but no ability

live with parents, spends parents hard-earned cash and cannot contribute anything

even stand geylang also no standard $50 also nobody wants

now govt giving subsidy to companies to hire graduates

see what kind of ah gua they are

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Who wants to be a salesman? Not many
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to the letter, 'Sales jobs hold many important lessons', by Madam Koh Chern Peng (April 21).
I have been an agency manager for a major life insurer in Singapore since 2004, and one of my main duties is to recruit sales people.
During my recruitment experiences in the past few years, I have come across many candidates, and most of them have been young, fresh tertiary graduates.
Out of five interviews fixed by my secretary on a typical day, an average of three would not turn up. They gave reasons like not being able to wake up on time, forgetfulness, or worse, blamed the rainy weather.
Some candidates would not even bother to call back to cancel the appointment. Those who did turn up would usually be apprehensive about taking up a sales position, citing lack of interest. However, upon further probing, I realised that the real reason actually stemmed from a fear of sales targets. They were afraid of their inability to meet the required sales targets, which could result in loss of morale, esteem or 'face'.
I have been in this industry for seven years, after giving up a well-paying job to do something I really wanted to do - build my business without any capital outlay.
I worked hard to acquire new customers in my initial years, and have since worked doubly hard to service my customers. My recruitment duties were added on five years ago.
This 'sales' job allows me flexibility in managing my time. At the same time, it is financially rewarding. I have met people from all walks of life, blue and white collar alike, and have made many close friends in the process.
I have never taken my targets as something to fear, but as a challenge. I have not met my ultimate target every year due to personal or economic reasons. But I have not lost friends, morale or 'face'. Life goes on. I just strive to do better the following year.
A sales job can be very challenging with the short- and long-term targets thrown in. It can test one's ability and bring out latent potential. You never know how far you can get, and it can really surprise you when you surpass what you think you can achieve.
Travis Yeo

Singapore with a majority of 75% chinese
under the Lee dership of Jah_Rastafar_1
are to be blamed!