• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When you do things, do you follow your conscience?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's a inner feeling that tells you hey, there's something wrong...you mustn't do this and that..

Some call it conscience, some call it holy spirit, some call it six sense....

This is embedded within us....

But sometimes because of financial reasons, or other personal reasons like pride, or save time, we do it our way.

But this inner sense, could help us to do the right things, or avoid an accident, so that we won't feel bad and could sleep peacefully at night.

What about you? Do you make decisions based on your conscience, or you ignore them totally and do whatever you feel like it?

What is the outcome of your decisions?

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well.... most of the time I do what my conscience tells me but sometimes it does come back and bite me in the ass :( Like 1 time I wrote what I heard and saw even thou the report was not in favor of my superiors and yet those that did not get in trouble from my report did not even thank me instead blame me for not writing the report in their favor since its not in the management's favor :( Kind of make me sick everytime I think of these type of sinkies.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well.... most of the time I do what my conscience tells me but sometimes it does come back and bite me in the ass :( Like 1 time I wrote what I heard and saw even thou the report was not in favor of my superiors and yet those that did not get in trouble from my report did not even thank me instead blame me for not writing the report in their favor since its not in the management's favor :( Kind of make me sick everytime I think of these type of sinkies.

but do you sleep peacefully every night? :biggrin:

holyman

Alfrescian
Loyal
good post...I was offered a scholarship one week back for overseas training but turned it down due to the bond which i must serve...

here's my organisation structure: about 2000 employees, 1200 are FTs the other 800 are locals...out of the 800 about 300 are under the age of 40 while 500 are above 50...

I tell myself after my posting i will be squeezed until dry during my bond period and for what? To keep the oldies (only certain organisations have oldies between 50 and 65 collecting high pay and idling) in their comfortable positions of doing nothing, while also sacrificing my blood, sweat and ideas for the 1200 FTs...I see the equation as being very one sided...moreover my pay is not high at all...

I believe I did the right thing (in my opinion) but at the same time there are tinges of regret and I feel stupid. Maybe this moral decision will come back and haunt me later, but i know i did the right thing for now...even though i get disappointing looks from my superiors everyday...well thats life

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's a inner feeling that tells you hey, there's something wrong...you mustn't do this and that..
sum ppl wil tink of reasons 2 justify their actions ... tho dey noe their reasons r shallow n dun hold water ... n dey oso noe dat dey r cheating demselves ...

anyway can oways tel urself ...

'man dun 4 ownself, haven kill earth destroy' ...

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of the time yes but sometimes I do think what if I had taken the easy way out and be popular with the management would I be able to look at my maker in the face when I meet him 1 day?