• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When will we hear a public apology from Tan Yong Soon ?

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has been almost 2 weeks since I exposed top civil servant Mr Tan Yong Soon’s extravagant cooking trip to France on this blog and we have heard nothing from Mr Tan yet. (read my original article here)

Since my article was published, it has caused a massive furore in cyberspace which had even caught the attention of the international media. The article has also become the top hit with over 20,000 views so far.

In Parliament today, NMP Siew Kum Hong questioned the appropriateness of Mr Tan’s article in The Straits Times Life section: (read report here)

While conceding that it was Mr Tan’s own money and that ‘he has the prerogative to spend it as he sees fit’, the NMP said: ‘But in these times writing about it in the national newspaper was unnecessarily provocative and unimaginably insensitive.’

Defence Minister Teo Chee Hean, who is also the minister in charge of the Civil Service, said the feature article which was published in The Straits Times, ’showed a lack of sensitivity and was ill-judged’.

Read rest of article here:

http://wayangparty.com/2009/01/19/when-will-we-hear-tan-yong-soons-public-apology/

Hi folks, let's continue to make noise till he APOLOGIZES !!! :oIo:

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
He will claim that he paid S$100,00 for putting up a full page apology in the newspaper. :p

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal
He will claim that he paid S$100,00 for putting up a full page apology in the newspaper. :p

err..full page i think less than $14k nia hor...

he shd then put the apology up on ALL shitty and non-shitty papers....

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi folks, let's continue to make noise till he APOLOGIZES !!!

Hey Folks, why should he apologize?. To who ??
Their own $$$,dont be envious. What if he is in private sector?.
We know many in the HOUSE splurge quietly.
What if he did charitable works in 3rd world country?
Pls look at it in another perspective, instead of bashing.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't like that lah...he is heeding government's call to retrain oneself and upgrade one's skills during these difficult times. Its only that he is not covered by SPURs that he has to pay for the course himself.