• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When recession is our friend to be cherished and loved

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
The first rays of the sun begin to peep above the horizon on this beautiful Saturday morning.

Already I hear the rumble of the MRT train from a distance.

I open my window and take a deep breath.

What a beautiful week it has been with the STI losing so much in value.

There is more to go. I called 1,600 by Friday and it has been met, to the last digit. Next week there will be more losses.

With the US Treasury and Fed running out of options and auto and insurance companies begging to be bailed out like the financials, we are in for more downside - massive downside.

Recession? There will be some new jobless. There will be pain as people adjust. But this is good. I have been jobless for a long time too.

Recession is good. Nay, recession is great.

Recession will force people to reflect. Material wealth is not the source of happiness. When the STI was at 3,800, were people happy? No, they tried to outdo each other, they became boastful, they drove big cars and destroyed the environment. They were proud, thinking money is easily made.

During bad times, people will learn to help one another, they will be humble, they will learn that there is no need to upgrade the handphone every year and the car every two years. I am still using my Nokia 8210. It works perfectly well after six or seven years.

Money is the root of evil.

The lower the STI the happier we should be.

Whatever the STI there will be a beautiful sunrise, an equally beautiful sunset and a lovely song to be sung.

I urge all of you to welcome the stock market crash with open arms and love it and cherish it.

Don't fear nor panic. Too much wealth is bad. Just enough for basic needs is ideal.

The original downgrader

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
The first rays of the sun begin to peep above the horizon on this beautiful Saturday morning.

Already I hear the rumble of the MRT train from a distance.

I open my window and take a deep breath.

What a beautiful week it has been with the STI losing so much in value.

There is more to go. I called 1,600 by Friday and it has been met, to the last digit. Next week there will be more losses.

With the US Treasury and Fed running out of options and auto and insurance companies begging to be bailed out like the financials, we are in for more downside - massive downside.

Recession? There will be some new jobless. There will be pain as people adjust. But this is good. I have been jobless for a long time too.

Recession is good. Nay, recession is great.

Recession will force people to reflect. Material wealth is not the source of happiness. When the STI was at 3,800, were people happy? No, they tried to outdo each other, they became boastful, they drove big cars and destroyed the environment. They were proud, thinking money is easily made.

During bad times, people will learn to help one another, they will be humble, they will learn that there is no need to upgrade the handphone every year and the car every two years. I am still using my Nokia 8210. It works perfectly well after six or seven years.

Money is the root of evil.

The lower the STI the happier we should be.

Whatever the STI there will be a beautiful sunrise, an equally beautiful sunset and a lovely song to be sung.

I urge all of you to welcome the stock market crash with open arms and love it and cherish it.

Don't fear nor panic. Too much wealth is bad. Just enough for basic needs is ideal.

The original downgrader

My 8210 also works after 7 years. Problem is, it gives off this weird buzz if I use it for too long. So you better get one of those cheapo hand-free set or prepare to get your brains fried. :p:biggrin:

If you are so good at calling for recession, then you
are the God of Stocks! :biggrin::biggrin: Why don't you use this ability to help people? Now then say stock market crash.

So when can I invest in a new unit trust? I haven't invested before and is this a good time to buy a new unit trust? I only keep my money in cash because I'm afraid to invest in things I don't know about. They say that contrarian investing makes money. Is that true? :smile: