• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When Jackson tai left : No one ask why ?

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
according to the papers, as far as i remember,he wanted to spend more time with his family in States. ta...ta...

And you are dumb enough to believe this shit I said?

alumni_tai.jpg

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
And you are dumb enough to believe this shit I said?

alumni_tai.jpg

well...i was hoping that people of your calibre be able to share inside info. on why you left. Was it becos' that you foresee something like current financial turmoil to happen or something else...:o

Summerbee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jackson Tai is the type of top-level foreign talents that Singapore needs and at the same time, always find it hard to attract and retain them.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jackson Tai is the type of top-level foreign talents that Singapore needs and at the same time, always find it hard to attract and retain them.

eh...I disagree by a bit,normally,the top posts in our GLCs are filled up with people whose big bosses deemed as trustworthy, which is more important than their so call talent. There are also people who are related to somebody ,this class of people are average like you and me but because of special relation, will be shortlisted for such positions,not forgetting their past academic records.

Summerbee

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are not wrong in general.

Jackson, however, is a bit different from the usual scholars and generals parachuting in. He was a veteran Hong Kong banker and was brought in to help DBS established a foothold in the notoriously difficult Hong Kong market (which he did via the successful purchase and integration of Dao Heng Bank). He offered a skillset and connection not available in Singapore, and did not stay passed his original purpose. Its always hard for GLCs to retain talents like him.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are not wrong in general.

Jackson, however, is a bit different from the usual scholars and generals parachuting in. He was a veteran Hong Kong banker and was brought in to help DBS established a foothold in the notoriously difficult Hong Kong market (which he did via the successful purchase and integration of Dao Heng Bank). He offered a skillset and connection not available in Singapore, and did not stay passed his original purpose. Its always hard for GLCs to retain talents like him.

besides daoheng,were there other banks that dbs had bought over when he was in the helm?I will think more likely was his connection in HK rather than his skill set. There are many outstanding bankers around and maybe after acquisition over, deemed as not so useful to his bosses.ta...ta...

Summerbee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only Dao Heng to my knowledge. The government always bemoaned how hard it was to attract talents.Actually there is an irony. Normally, the GLCs have retired army generals, politicians and scholars parachuting into leadership positions, as such at executive level, few foreigners like to stay on for long knowing where they stand.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only Dao Heng to my knowledge. The government always bemoaned how hard it was to attract talents.Actually there is an irony. Normally, the GLCs have retired army generals, politicians and scholars parachuting into leadership positions, as such at executive level, few foreigners like to stay on for long knowing where they stand.

at his level in dbs,i think he is just as good as one of them.Unlikely,he left becos' of knowing where he stand.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here's where he is.

http://www.ing.com/group/showdoc.jsp?docid=316936_EN&menopt=cog%7Csub%7Csbm

He probably found the Singapore banking environment too stifling compared to JP Morgan where daredevils rule. Don't know if it's a good thing since he could have got DBS in the same mess as te American banks.

he won't have the ability to create the same kind of mess in the west.Before he want to gamble away the assets,our top guy will have already question him.His current profile shows that he is holding more positions in other FIs. Like that,how to have more time for his family.Must be something else...no doubt,he must be a real talent.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
he won't have the ability to create the same kind of mess in the west.Before he want to gamble away the assets,our top guy will have already question him.His current profile shows that he is holding more positions in other FIs. Like that,how to have more time for his family.Must be something else...no doubt,he must be a real talent.

Look carefully. All his positions are non-executive directorships i.e. one meeting per quarter type of appointments.