• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wheelchair-bound M’sian, 22, Cleans Public Toilets & Sells Cans As Family Breadwinner

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Wheelchair-bound M’sian, 22, Cleans Public Toilets & Sells Cans As Family Breadwinner
mustsharenews.com

How far will you go to provide for your family?

A wheelchair-bound Malaysian – Muhammad Helmi Firdaus Abdul Halid – acts as his family’s breadwinner at just 22 years old. He was diagnosed with Hydrocephalus, a condition in which fluid abnormally accumulates in the brain.

wheelchair-bound-malaysian-breadwinner-3.jpg
Source

Muhammad Helmi’s story of relentless resilience and hard work reminds many of us to be grateful for the blessings that we have.

The long trek to work

Helmi is diagnosed with Hydrocephalus, where excess cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) builds up within the ventricles of the brain.

To make a living, he works as a cleaner and caretaker of public toilets at Puchong Perdana LRT station in Selangor.

wheelchair-bound-malaysian-breadwinner-4.jpg
Source

Unlike most of us, Helmi begins his day pushing his wheelchair for 4km towards Bandar Kinrara LRT station from 5am. Scrap metals and tin cans are a good source of income so he picks them up on the way to work.

Since he wakes up at the crack of dawn, the streets aren’t always safe.

He tells World of Buzz,
I used to leave my house as early as 4am, but after I had gotten robbed and beaten up, I no longer dare to go out that early.
Not only did he sustain injuries, but he also had to use his meagre savings to replace his damaged wheelchair.

Wheelchair-bound caretaker & cleaner

From 7.30am to 6pm, he works relentlessly on cleaning and polishing the public sinks and toilets.

wheelchair-bound malaysian
Source

The trek back home can be difficult so when the labour gets hard, he spends the night in a storeroom near the toilet.

He earns a salary of $197 to $250 (RM600 to RM850) a month and an additional $131 (RM400) from the Social Welfare Department. His entire paycheck goes to providing for his family, but it’s far from enough.

He shared,
Sometimes, I would eat one meal a day. When my pocket is empty, I’ll just drink water.
Unfortunate family circumstances

Despite his disability, Helmi has to act as the family breadwinner to survive.

His mother helped him sell kuih but she had to stop due to heart and kidney problems. Meanwhile, his brother has autism and is unable to work.

wheelchair-bound malaysia breadwinner
Source

Life dealt Helmi with a bad hand but he didn’t let it stop him.
His mother recalls,
Helmi is a stubborn child. If he wants to make a living to help the family, he will do so no matter what challenges he faces.
She adds that Helmi doesn’t hope for public sympathy to provide for them. When he was robbed, he did not tell his mother because he did not want her to worry.

Appreciate what we have in life

Helmi’s story reminds us to be grateful for what we have.

He has faced insurmountable challenges that may be a lot greater than our own. Generous locals touched by Helmi’s story can give him a small donation.

Interested donors may contact Hasazila Mohamed Hashim (Helmi’s mother) at +6011-6194 7550. Their banking details can be found at the bottom of this article here.

How has Helmi’s story inspired you to face life’s challenges? Let us know in the comments.
Featured image from YouTube.

mudhatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Salute to this hero.

52a8761b69bedd5f405b486d-750-562.jpg

Rather than nurturing tens of millions of ungrateful Kafir bastard pendatang, Malaysians must provide welfare to the needy and helpless. Like this amazing hero featured in the story.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have to agree. Before I went to bed last night, I asked myself if I were him, would I be as tenacious as this chap. I concluded that I would just kill myself and end it all.
Well said. Soylent Green is the ultimate cure...and it's part of life. Deal with it

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"This Wheelchair, It Functions Like My Legs" - A GrabFood Delivery Woman Shares Her Story

The woman, working for GrabFood, has cerebral palsy and cannot walk since birth.

Sumaiyah Ghazali, a wheelchair user working for GrabFood, has gone viral after an interview with Berita Harian Singapura, in which she shares why she's determined to work despite the struggle

In the interview with Berita Harian, Sumaiyah notes that while she doesn't come from a low-income household, as her siblings have high paying jobs, she's motivated in her current job as a food delivery person as it allows her to earn and be independent.

"At least when I work, I get to treat my parents to food. If I don't work and if my siblings are the only ones working, I will feel... useless.

"I know it is not easy to take care of a disabled person like me, and that gives me motivation, to be independent,"
she told Berita Harian.

1569754242635.png

The 40-year-old, who has cerebral palsy, revealed that she used to work in an office prior to joining GrabFood Singapore about four months ago, but there her co-workers would get impatient with her

"I used to work in the office, but my fingers are actually weak so sometimes the papers will drop everywhere on the floor and then people who are normal get impatient.

"You know, normal people get impatient with people like me,"
she says in the video.

As she shares her story, Sumaiyah requests customers to be patient with her and asks for their cooperation. "I'll try to deliver as fast as I can. Thank you!" she says in the video, wiping away tears.

In the comment section of Berita Harian's page, hundreds of netizens have expressed their gratitude towards Sumaiyah

Among them, one of the most liked comments by a Facebook user named Clement Chen noted how the woman with her determination is a blessing to others.

"Hello Miss Sumaiyah, I hope this message reaches you. I saw you around Tampines MRT and I wanted to go over to say hi! I wanted to tell you that you are an amazing lady who is independent & strong. Sadly I couldn’t muster the courage to do so.

"I hope to see you around next time and this time I’ll come up to you to say hi! You are a living testament to your will power and fighting spirit and such an inspiration to all!

"Thank you for sharing your story, you are a blessing to others!"

Sumaiyah was recently applauded for her professionalism, dedication, and her perseverance after her interaction with a GrabFood customer was shared by the customer himself:

1569754362123.png

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This woman deserves due respect for her fighting spirit and her sense of pride and independence! Please don't cry anymore!