• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What?? Snow in the month of June??

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
BLIZZARDS brought Britain’s sizzling summer to a shock halt yesterday.

Several inches of snow blanketed the Scottish Highlands where just six days ago Aviemore was basking in 88F (31C) heat.

Flakes also hit northern areas of England in Cumbria and Northumberland yesterday.

Roads stayed largely clear as snow settled on hillsides around Upper Teesdale and Weardale.

But in the Cairngorms in Scotland, tourists shivered after the temperature plunged to zero.

Twin 17-year-olds Elizabeth and Jeanette McGregor took advantage of the unexpected fall to create their own June snowman. Weather forecasters described the snowfalls as “freak.”

Met Office forecaster Barry Gromett said: “It is very unusual to get snow in June, especially if you think the temperatures were so high last week.

“In Northumberland it was 27C last week – today it’s just 3C in some places.

“It just shows it’s probably not time to put away your winter coat yet,” he added.

But there’s some sizzling weather to come.

Mr Gromett added: “We’re still on course for a much hotter summer than we’ve seen for at least a couple of years.”

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sumtimes ze snow cums down in jun ...
sumtimes ze sun goes rd ze moon ...
me c ze passion in ur i's ...
sumtimes iz all a big surprise ...

<embed src='http://www.youtube.com/v/IPYzqcre4DY&rel=1' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='transparent' width='310' height='259'></embed>
<embed src='http://widget.lyricsmode.com/i/scroll2.swf?lid=356562&speed=4' width='318' height='181' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'/></embed>

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal

Where global warming is concerned, long term weather forecasting by weather scientists are as credible as fortune tellers.

I am getting very tired of all these 'false alarms' (chicken little's sky is falling down scare mongering). We had the Y2K warning, then global warming, H1N1 pandemic etc etc.

I think all these 'SCARE MONGERING' is meant to cause panic and increase consumption of whatever remedies to make somebody RICH. All the Y2K fixes made Bill Gates tons of money, Global warming (Kyoto Protocol) lined many pockets with carbon emissions $$$ credits (especially those air travellers made to feel so guilty that they foolishly paid extra $$ to offset their so called 'carbon footprints'). H1N1 made sale of Tamiflu, face masks and pharmaceutical companies (HUAT AH)