• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What precautions for NDPee?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>June 26, 2009
H1N1 CONCERNS
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>What precautions for NDP?
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I WRITE to express my concerns over the potential for transmission of the Influenza A (H1N1) virus during the National Day Parade (NDP) celebrations.
National Day is in about six weeks. As a former participant, I know that in the weeks before the NDP, rehearsals will intensify and there will be at least one preview. There are also full dress rehearsals every weekend. There will also be mini-celebrations in the heartland.
With the increased severity of H1N1, I trust NDP organisers have flu-screening measures in place.
Many national servicemen and students take part in the parade, and young people have been shown to be more susceptible to H1N1 infection.
During the actual NDP, there will be thousands of Singaporeans packed together. Thousands more will turn out to see the fireworks around the parade area.
Will all performers and audience members be screened for fever or travel history, and will they be asked to wear masks? How can we ensure there are no virus carriers among them?
I urge performers and other participants who have flu symptoms to be civic-minded and stay away from the NDP and attendant festivities.
While we look forward to commemorating 50 years of self-government, let us as good Singaporeans also be pragmatic. The fight against H1N1 cannot be sabotaged by an insistence that 'the show must go on'.
Zheng Huifen (Ms)

2jdrfp2.jpg

I donch know! I can't imagine! *tata*

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
every sinkies must be prepared to die for their country...

to participate in NDP is to serve one's country.

it's loyal thing to do.

Majulah Sinkapura!

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone who attend or perform in the NDP must participate in the H1N1 vaccination. Vaccination is compulsory !

Instant jabs are available at all entrance. No jabs no go in !

But MIW no need !