• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is the point of buying a property in JB when

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
... you don't have a permanent VISA to stay there ?

I believe there is a limit to which you can enter and exit Malaysia in a year. So if you have accumulated number of days in Malaysia, you will not be allowed to enter the country again until after a year.

I don't believe all of those who have purchased properties in JB have permanent VISA.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The mutt gahmen closed one eye lah. A lot of Sinkie mutts buy house in JB and collect rent on their HDB flat here. Each state has to meet GDP quota, you know?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

I believe there is a limit to which you can enter and exit Malaysia in a year. So if you have accumulated number of days in Malaysia, you will not be allowed to enter the country again until after a year.

I don't believe all of those who have purchased properties in JB have permanent VISA.
I know one sinkie wif one unofficial wife in KL and another in haadyai and he travel by bus and stay for weeks and enter multiple times wif no poblem.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You can use it as a budget short-time hotel.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm looking at the area in Taman Mount Austin. I prefer the Causeway to the Second Link.

if you buy to stay, fine. if you intend to make money out of the property, forget it
i had a hse in johore jaya back in the 90s, empty for months and drug addicts sneaked in to live and even the fucking window grills got stolen.
finally managed to sell the hse at double the myr price, but the myr dropped 50% against the sgd, so lppl

jb is not like spore where land is precious, in malaysia you want land? the lorry is behind, tons of land available

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you buy to stay, fine. if you intend to make money out of the property, forget it
i had a hse in johore jaya back in the 90s, empty for months and drug addicts sneaked in to live and even the fucking window grills got stolen.
finally managed to sell the hse at double the myr price, but the myr dropped 50% against the sgd, so lppl

jb is not like spore where land is precious, in malaysia you want land? the lorry is behind, tons of land available
Land slides and all gone.... don't buy hillside properties...

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal

Was it gated ?

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Again and again many brainless Sinkies got scammed into buying 6 star sexperience condo or landed in Matland Kenna played out.

developers got all kinds of excuses for running out of cash, or lack of maintenance after delivery.

Matland is a boleh Cuntry but bloody brainless Sinkies continue to buy the idea it’s a land of dreams.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Same as in thailand. House prices cannot appreviate much due to abundance of land. But property prices in thailand cheaper than jiu hu. And because abundance of land, very difficult to sell as buyers prefer new properties rather than used one unless good location.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same as in thailand. House prices cannot appreviate much due to abundance of land. But property prices in thailand cheaper than jiu hu. And because abundance of land, very difficult to sell as buyers prefer new properties rather than used one unless good location.

thailand foreigners cannot buy landed, only condo